Discussion: Reports: Trump Admin Considering Draft Executive Order To Withdraw From NAFTA

I heard last night on Colbert that stores have relabeled Ivanka’s clothing with the Adrienne Vittadini label. That’s a real label already in use, so the story confused me and the label is going to confuse a lot of women I’m afraid.

I’m quite pissed off about that - dishonest as fuck.

5 Likes

And they are now being sold at Stein Mart…

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind. I stopped buying shoes at Zappos cause they won’t get rid of her shit and there’s a Steinmart not far from me where I’ve run in to buy something like drinking glasses at the last minute before a party and I used to get evening bags there because they were cheap.

No more Steinmart for me. Which is fine - I haven’t been in there in at least 5 years.

1 Like

Trump: Inflation is good for us. Imagine earning huge interest on the money you have in your bank!. Obama gave no money to people, I will provide 10%, every year. YOY.

1 Like

I most often buy shoes at Shoebuy. They are not carrying Ivanka’s line if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

My problem is Amazon - why can’t I quit you? - they’re still on Grab’s Top 10 boycott list but that’s tough for me to give up completely. That said, I am still sticking with my “don’t buy what isn’t absolutely essential” policy I personally put in place on January 20th so the purchases are fewer and farther between. I will do nothing to help rev up this economy.

1 Like

Lexus, Olive Trees and Golden Straitjackets all around?

China is rooting for you, Donny! Do it! Do it!

Well, Mexican politicians figured out that there are more votes for cheap corn among urban consumers than votes for expensive corn among rural producers. (Of course, a big margin in there for Gruma, can’t forget that.)

On the verge of IBS here.

Please proceed…

1 Like

Meanwhile WaPo is breathlessly announcing he is going to tell Canada and Mexico to stuff it any minute.

I used to actually kinda like Bob Costa, but he has gone completely through the looking glass since the election. He treats every utterance from Trump as if God’s hand came down and wrote it in stone before his very eyes. While completing ignoring the countless times Trump has said “pull my finger”.

2 Likes

So many of them have fallen prey to this sociopath and they’ll all get burned in the end. I have not one ounce of sympathy for any of the sycophants and, at this point, MSNBC has as many as any other outlet.

Not that I wanna see it but knowing how wedded this administration is to distraction, have we forgotten about the pee-pee tape?

Where is it? Has the pee-pee tape shown up yet?

Treaties are ratified by the Senate and have the force of law, Fuck Stick. The USofA cannot withdraw from a treaty by executive action any more than a law can be repealed by executive action. I hate #45’s so-called Presidency more and more every single day.

And by the way, where are the loud mouths in the hoi poloi who screamed and howled when Pres. Obama used Executive orders (for completely legal purposes, IMHO)? In spite of controlling both houses of Congress and the Presidency, pretty much all #45 has is Executive orders. I am tired of all of the winning. #sad

Dutch textile workers used to throw their wooden shoes (sabo) into the automated loom machinery to destroy it (thus the term “sabotage”.)

2 Likes

I am on the verge of apoplexy.

I can’t quit Amazon. Amazon has managed to make itself almost indispensable. I know the left loves to hate on Amazon but I just can’t manage without it without causing myself all kinds of trouble because for half the year I live someplace where a lot of things aren’t readily available except from Amazon.

2 Likes

This is why I love TPM, khaaannn - I learn something new every day.

I found myself wrapped up in an unplanned home project over the weekend and started watching the BBC 6-episode series Victorian Farm on youtube and that’s where I starting hearing about dawn of the industrial revolution and the impact on manual labor. Couldn’t help thinking of the parallels of today so it stuck with me.

Sabos - interesting. I’d like to see the Oranage Menace dodge a wooden shoe. W was more agile than I would have given him credit for.

2 Likes

I’d guess that’s one reason for taking this step – the step of drafting a withdrawal memo, I mean. It’s “safe” because it doesn’t actually result in withdrawal. It’s like passing legislation repealing the ACA over and over while Obama is POTUS.

I’m not suggesting there’s no impact. There could be a highly negative impact if our trade partners become motivated to abandon us and look for more reliable counterparties. But for Trump, that’s presumably irrelevant. What would matter to him is whether he can claim a checkmark-victory and whether he can blame trade-related bumpiness on his political rivals.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available