Discussion: Reports: Jim DeMint On His Way Out As President Of Heritage Foundation

DeMint has always been DeLusional, but then again so has the entire Heritage Foundation.

2 Likes

I’m sure the KochBoys ‘repealed’ DeMint and have groomed a toady to 'replace ’ him…

The Scotts, Rick/Walker/Brown? Who knows ?

1 Like

Sort of.

DeMint tried to turn Heritage into a TeaParty activist group, and blew through a ton of money supporting numerous tea party candidates that ultimately failed. Along the way, the Heritage Foundation started getting blacklisted by regular GOPers…even being banned from House caucus meetings. He has done tremendous damage to them as a right wing think tank.

Quite honestly, I am bit surprised he lasted this long. I figured that would have canned him in 2015 after his disastrous results in 2014. (The GOP did well in 2014, the races that DeMint backed did not). But I guess even Heritage said enough is enough.

10 Likes

So, even Jim DeMint for chrissakes isn’t crazy enough for them?

Holy Shiite!

2 Likes

When may we stop calling all these Christianist Teavangelicals “conservatives?”

4 Likes

Well THIS is kind of ironic considering the flipping and flopping the KOCH Bros. were doing during the election. ‘Not sufficiently conservative enough’… Amazing. Where’s Buckley when you need him? At least he had the balls to kick out the crazies.

1 Like

How’s that workin’ for ya?

I will gladly contribute Scott Walker to the cause. May be the only way to get him out of Madison.

3 Likes

Another grifter who’ll have to be screwed into the ground when he dies.

3 Likes

Proving that Reps will eat their own

1 Like

The only problem with roaches fleeing is that they will infest someplace else.

4 Likes

I hear that Ted Cruz may be looking for a job.

3 Likes

Why wait? There’s plenty of land available now, cheap. All you need is Lynda Carter to wrap her strong legs around hm and twirl lol

1 Like

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/27/conservative-origins-of-obamacare/
This article goes into the conservative origins of the Affordable Care Act. That the Heritage Foundation quibbles about it now and wants a repeal is going against their values they themselves expressed years ago. The real reason they’re against this version of health care is it was championed by a democrat President. Not to mention a black democrat President at that. Irony is foreign to the GOP.

2 Likes

“Quasi fact based operation…”
Dang!
Where’s my Advil?
The mere thought of any GOPer organization being fact based has given me a head ache. I may hafta go lay down now…

1 Like

The entire point of these big think tanks is to do the intellectual heavy lifting and homework needed to turn their allied political ideologies into solid implementable policy positions. The Heritage Foundation was the “go to” foundation for supporting Trump’s transition and administration . Let’s give Jimmy DeMinty a performance evaluation shall we?

• Heritage played a major role in identifying and vetting Trump’s appointments, which now has the slowest appointment rates of any administration (not to mention some big stumbles along the way).
  • Heritage had no health care replacement policy alternatives in place even after the 7 year head start they could have had to develop alternatives to the ACA (that they developed in the first place).
  • Heritage wrote Trump’s 2018 Budget Blueprint which nearly everyone in Congress and the public agrees is total non-starter.
  • I’m pretty sure Heritage provided the bulk of Trump’s “back of the napkin” tax restructuring proposal that no one even wants to talk about.

I’m just going to say that I despise Trump and have no interest in seeing him succeed at anything so by my evaluation criteria Jimmy is doing a fine job. The GOP on the other hand probably has a different opinion. They likely see what a freaking waste of money and oxygen Jim DeMint is.

5 Likes

Such a vicious ignoramus.Now time to oust a few more of these Southern Napoleon wannabes.

1 Like

They must have broken him.

Can Supreme Commander of Armed Forces Cuck Kushner be given the additional role of running the Heritage Foundation in addition to the many other jobs he is unqualified for?

From Dumb to Dumber, if that is possible.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available