Discussion: Report: WH Staff Was Unprepared For Trump's Surprise Opioid Announcement

Exactly. Due to his mental illness, trump is unable to define actual periods of time or correctly estimate when something happened in the past or will happen in the future. Every event is happening right now, or soon, or happened so long ago it’s already forgotten.

It’s morbidly fascinating to watch his inability to process time spans.

5 Likes

His big announcement will be that Jared’s handling it.

ETA: Actually, it’s much more likely he’ll just forget about it unless it comes up on Fox again.

1 Like

OK, now I remember. They issued a preliminary report on August 1 or 2, recommending that a state of emergency be declared among many other recommendations. https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/ondcp/commission-interim-report.pdf.
I’m going to try to find out if any of the other recommendations have been implemented.

1 Like

The simple, most obvious, answer is that he will blame Obama. That’s his go-to MO, unless he’s taking credit for something he didn’t actually do.

I have to say I was taken aback at the story - I assumed by the headline that the Fucking Moron’s surprise opioid announcement was that he was an addict.

4 Likes

You have to wonder why some people own dogs or cats in the first place.

2 Likes

My father never learned to train a dog in all his nine decades. And he was a professor of education. :confused: But I hasten to add he didn’t go in for shock collars. He would just talk to the dogs at considerable length. It didn’t work with me either. Eventually the dogs and I just figured things out on our own.

3 Likes

“Opioids are too expensive. I will use my fantastic negotiating skills to make them cheaper and more available to everyone who wants them. These are fantastic pills. Their effects are tremendous. The Kenyan was trying to keep people away from products they want. What was he, a communist?”

1 Like

I do it because I’m still trying to justify spending $600 on an upright vacuum cleaner.

4 Likes

Wasn’t this already in Jared’s portfolio? I wonder what his priorities, what with bringing peace to the Middle East and remaking the entire federal government.

I’d have thought he’d have solved the opioid crisis by now - after all, the majority of the addicts are Tramp’s core herd.

5 Likes

Months ago he put the boy-in-law in charge of fixing the opioid crisis as well as coming up with a plan for a lasting Middle East peace. What’s a boy to do when he has to fight off lenders who want their loans repaid which is very time consuming.

@spencersmom Two minds on the greatness track hahaha

5 Likes

It was, I think it is a nudge to Son-in-Law, to get off the couch…

4 Likes

Completely OT, but this made me smile bigly…

Trump thinks he owns Renoir, but Art Institute says real one hangs in Chicago

“He believes his own lies in a way that lasts for decades,” O’Brien added. “He’ll tell the same stories time and time again, regardless of whether or not facts are right in front of his face.”

7 Likes

This is the first administration in which there are no pets of any kind. How could there be with a narcissist who’s consumed with nothing but thoughts of himself.

Ha! I had two pricey uprights, a battery operated Shark, Dust Busters, and sticky rollers. But still she persisted.

3 Likes

Apparently it’s been extended to November 1. This article discusses the status of implementation as of September 28, namely that there had not been any. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/09/how_trump_administration_responded_to_christie_opi.html.

The commission claimed that the recommendation to create a state of emergency had been implemented because #45 announced from his golf course at Bedminster that he would declare such a state. So, how long does it take to declare a state of emergency?

At the press conference to report on implementation, Kellyanne C. Pennywise made the following super-helpful observations:

"Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, discussed that issue by pointing out that most opioids come into homes through prescriptions from the local pharmacy with the family doctor’s name on the bottle.

“It was meant to help someone at some point,” said Conway, who grew up in the Atco section of Waterford Township.

“Many Americans are reluctant to ask for help,” she said. “We would like to, as part of our priority, reach out to those in need and those who are helping those in need.”

Less talked about is the fact that states that have legalized marijuana have seen a decrease in use of opioids. But certain NJ governors do not support legalization.

1 Like

Regarding moron and his concern for a major health crisis in this country.

9 Likes

A person who tells a lie enough times comes to believe it.

5 Likes

We are going to lose this war on drugs though this country’s never won one. The addict in my family buys his on the Internet, a Silk Road-type operation. Who’s going to shut them down?

3 Likes

I don’t think that KAC was even correct when she said most opioids enter people’s homes via a doctor’s prescription. I think your relative’s experience is more common. But Tom Marino and Marsha Blackburn would know more.

1 Like

Two thoughts on this: I took it as he’s trying to excite his meth head base with the idea they’re about to get some money thrown their way; and, it is Friday…every good (I mean bad) live action tv show needs a weekend cliffhanger.

2 Likes

The “staff” in this White House is always unprepared. As has been stated time and again here, a fish rots from the head down.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available