Discussion: Report: WH Sent Memo To GOP Saying Trump Was 'Correct' On Charlottesville

And these people say Obama was the divider. All you get from Trump and his ilk are that when it is their sides issues it is both sides. If it is the other guys than it is clear who is to blame.

This was just off the rails. If he would have said something like reasonable people have the view that this monuments are historical and so on maybe it would have been better, but he defended the group that appeared to be vast majority white supremacist and organized by such.

Dolly Parton also buys books for libraries all over the country and distributes free books to schools - plus a knockout singing voice

3 Likes

7 Likes

The most important currency of the U.S. Presidency is moral authority. Donald Trump is bankrupt.

2 Likes

I don’t have any sympathy for Kelly. He was the author (by allowing his department to submit them) of all of those questionable travel bans that came out of this administration. We don’t really know what his motives are now - it surprises me how many people were quick to assume he was “saving the country.” He deserves any stress, loss of reputation or other negative consequences that befall him.

3 Likes

Seriously expected Trumpster Fire to drop an f-bomb during yesterday’s meltdown.

That’s fantastic.

I’m sorry, but I call bullshit and I repeat: the ideology these people live is every bit as anti-democratic and, ultimately, authoritarian as that of the Nazis. Putting yourself on their side is like being one of the western leftists of the 30’s who apologized for Stalin.

3 Likes

Trump lawyer Michael Cohen tweeted that as the son of Holocaust survivors he opposes racism, but Trump is not a racist. He helpfully included photos of himself with black people. On MSNBC, Former RNC chair Michael Steele was appalled with the “here I am with photos of black people!” approach to race issues.

7 Likes

The Memo continues “Pay no attention to the threat my personal lawyer made to investigator mueller warning him about his inquiry about VEB and trumps personal finances”…

President Donald Trump’s attorney Jay Sekulow recently told me that the investigation being led by Robert Mueller, the special counsel appointed by the Justice Department, should focus on one question: whether there was “coördination between the Russian government and people on the Trump campaign.” Sekulow went on, “I want to be really specific. A real-estate deal would be outside the scope of legitimate inquiry.” If he senses “drift” in Mueller’s investigation, he said, he will warn the special counsel’s office that it is exceeding its mandate. The issue will first be raised “informally,” he noted. But if Mueller and his team persist, Sekulow said, he might lodge a formal objection with the Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein, who has the power to dismiss Mueller and end the inquiry. President Trump has been more blunt, hinting to the Times that he might fire Mueller if the investigation looks too closely at his business dealings.

6 Likes

MRI of Trumps diseased brain released!

So the Turtle finally issued a statement, following the weak-ass approach of denouncing racism but not mentioning Trump or directly criticizing him

5 Likes

Hmm, just a guess, but it’s not the women in pink, right?

1 Like

Well, Yertle’s wife said yesterday that she stood by “both” her men. Simply deplorable.

4 Likes

Or those who defended Madrid from Franco’s fascist army.

Your mileage may vary of couse, but there is no central “antifa” organization the way there is a Stormfront or an American Nazi Party or the Ku Klux Klan.

4 Likes

They most certainly do. Racist and objectively pro-fascist.

1 Like

Like, who you gonna believe; me or your own lie’n eyes?

Of course they did. This is the way the dirt bag Repulsive party gets its daily marching orders.

Any using these talking points a traitors to our country and should be dealt with accordingly.

##CRUCIAL POINT##

The trouble started with the illegal Nazi/KKK torchlight march through the University of Virginia.

The torchlight march occurred the night before the permitted protest. There was no permit for this torchlight parade. It was an unannounced act of terrorism intended to strike fear into the people of Charlottesville and culminated with the symbolic “taking” of the University’s statue of Thomas Jefferson.

A small group of 30 students attempted to defend the statue but were physically ousted by the Nazi-KKK terrorists.

The violence the next morning was the continuation of a fight against this terrorist invasion of their town and it began before – not during – the permitted protest. The protest was declared illegal before it even began – due to this violence.

At no time was the violence happening because counter-protesters were preventing a permitted protest. THIS IS A FALSE NARRATIVE.

ETA:
@ajm @ncsteve @tena @pluckyinky @katscherger @clunkertruck @antisachetdethe

9 Likes

Thanks. That’s important to note. I’ll restate that I hope there will always be a group willing to tangle with these assh$les wherever they show themselves.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available