Discussion: Report: WH Sent Memo To GOP Saying Trump Was 'Correct' On Charlottesville

And she’s all ratted-up like a teenage Jezebel!

3 Likes

Up is Down
Black is White
War is Peace
Agent Orange is Truthful

2 Likes

Interim WH communications director… he sure knows, how to motivate people…

1 Like

Sadly, it must be so. So much for Gen. Kelley flexing his muscle and imposing a degree of moderation upon this WH. Its all downhill from here.

3 Likes

We SHOULD build a wall, but not on the Mexican border. We should build a wall 60 feet long by 20 feet high out of the finest marble, and on it should be carved with these words in eighteen-foot high letters, which for inexplicable reasons some people - mostly Republicans - cannot seem to remember:

THERE ARE NO GOOD NAZIS!

And make sure both the White House and the Capitol Buliding can see it.

8 Likes

Yes, excellent.

Anti-fascists at Omaha Beach, 1944

10 Likes

It sounds like a line from the movie "Airplane°

" We’re all going to die, but a least I have a husband… "

3 Likes

The sane guy who works for Trump got into contact with the sane guy who works for Kim and they settled the whole thing peacefully. Now, if only DT can keep his goddam mouth shut.

1 Like

That guy is a figment of your imagination.

6 Likes

“A bunch of fucking libtards, if you ask me.” - Tucker Carlson, member of the FoxNews Chicken-Pot-Pie Infantry

4 Likes

LOL! My favorite line:

6 Likes

There is no alt-left, but this White House has definitely found an alternative-reality in their desperation to go about explaining the shitstorm their ignorant boss has managed to incite.

In tribute to J. Marshall’s piece this morning…Sing it, Natalie.

[Verse 1]
This house is on fire!
Kick off your boots, come and sit a spell
Listen to me worry, come and listen well
All you better best come and lean in boys
Cause I don’t dare to raise my voice
I’ve been sitting here for the longest time
Reading all the warning and the danger signs
I don’t have the gift of the prophecy
Telling everybody how it’s gonna be
Soon come, soon come the day this tinderbox
Is gonna blow in your face

[Chorus]
You go passing wrong for right and right for wrong
People only stand for that for just so long

[Verse 2]
It’s all gonna catch like a house on fire
Spark an evil blaze and burn higher
Well, I don’t have the gift of the prophecy
You go passing wrong for right and right for wrong
People only stand for that for just so long

There’s a wild fire catching in the whip of the wind
That could start a conflagration
Like there has never been
This house is on fire

4 Likes
5 Likes

Well, that was a bit off-putting for the Good People, but all the citronella torches just looked so gosh-darn pretty marching along in the dark that they couldn’t help but join in!

2 Likes

Glad to see Kelly has managed to get the messaging under firm control again.

5 Likes

This guy sums up my feelings about it exactly. I was going to write a rant about the term “antifa” used by everyone, including the White House, as a pejorative label for those who oppose the fascists as if there was some kind of “antifa” organization that was orchestrating opposition to the fascists. It is actually a dismissive term used by the fascists themselves to denigrate their opposition. There is no “antifa” – there is only decent people who have not forgotten what “niemals vergessen” means.

http://borsoslorinc.com/files/gimgs/110_110_Niemals_Vergessen_eredetiek_v2.jpg

Austria 1946, Niemals Vergessen issue

5 Likes

"President’s talking points that counter-protestors “showed up with clubs spoiling for a fight.”
Anecdotal, but who looks a bit more aggressive in this pic?

5 Likes

Let’s not kid ourselves here. There’s quite enough apologizing for the deplorables going on on the right without us responding in kind.

The people who call themselves "Antifa" are just a bunch of maladjusted Droogs looking for a way to have their ultraviolence and get approval and support for it from the gullible. More importantly, their ideology, such as it is and what there is of it, is every bit as antidemocratic and authoritarian as the Nazis and every bit as dangerous if it ever takes hold.

And yeah, frankly, as the son of a man who returned from fighting his way through Guadalcanal, Peleliu and Saipan with permanent psychic and physical damage and the nephew of a man who’s buried at the Normandy American Cemetary, I take great issue with even implicitly associating them with the unstable losers of the Antifa “movement.”

2 Likes

I did heard zombie Charles Krauthammer, seriously condemning Trump, and tearing a new one on Laura Ingraham for tryng to come with a bullshit defense.

4 Likes

it was my wife’s contention when the tea party rose at the begining of the Obama Presidency that the GOP started slinging around the nazi label on liberals, to desensitize the press and citizens to the term so they (GOP) could start enacting all the oppresions the Nazi’s did do - burning books, controlling press, discriminaton, anti-intellectualism…seems like it worked. But why they were against nazi’s then, and hiring them now is confusing to me…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available