Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

Pence.

They will have a bit of a difficult time with that from the minority.

5 Likes

I’m a bit less optimistic. Trump doesn’t have to be a dictator on his own. He can exercise power exactly as he’s doing now: with the Republican congress doing his bidding even as he breaks the law, and in fact bringing down the rule of law as represented by Mueller.

3 Likes

For once I disagree, irasdad. TrumPP and republicons are the complete opposite of a weak, defenseless, innocent baby gazelle.

1 Like

This needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

17 Likes

I gotta go Treason.

15 Likes

Wow! All that is perfectly legal now?

Man, sounds like everybody’s career prospects just picked up a lot! Bring on the new taxes, Republicans. By the time they take effect, “law abiders” will be in the tax bracket that gets a big refund from the middle class, thanks to the Russian mob.

USA! USA! Rip it off! USA!
-s-

It isn’t so much about what they can do but a question of what posture they will adopt. They have to adopt a posture that signals to everyone that the rule of law is no longer in force and that the legitimacy of Congress is no more. They have to throw every spanner in the works, too, but that might be tricky given the limits placed on the minority.

2 Likes

Nah. He’s too dim. They’re all too dim except Bannon. And the octogenarians in the Senate are dying off, thank god.

5 Likes

Employees of the FBI must be apolitical from birth. Even being Republican or appointed by Republicans will not save them from the savagery of the GOP members of Congress, who, in their defense of Trump, are madly and inevitably headed over a cliff. What’s tragic is that they will do much damage to the the rest of us and to the institutions of the country along the way.

1 Like

I think in the end, the truth will out - just like in Watergate, Iraq lying, etc. That being said, the wreckage in this case may be unsurmountable - that’s my fear.

3 Likes

Yes, these are different times than from Watergate, but shutting down Cox did not do Nixon any good. This time around, if they mess with this, it will be WH and the GOP party with this albatross around their necks. You can’t fix stupid.

4 Likes

The truth will out and we’ll have to clean up a lot. But I think we’ll be fine for awhile after this. And then the conservatives will start working themselves up to another outbreak of this shit.

It’s all in cycles - everything, from politics to art to you name it.

8 Likes

In case devout Christians feel left out of the mayhem… Donald has managed to nix Christmas in one of the holiest of Christian cities.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nazareth-cancels-christmas_us_5a342df0e4b01d429cc8b515?utm_hp_ref=christianity

Putin is undoubtedly well pleased.

4 Likes

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) confirmed to the New York Times that he told a Democrat on the committee, Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA), that the year’s end represented a “natural boundary” to the investigative portion of their investigation.

Anytime Republican’s pulls out the words “natural” you know what they’re trying to do is “heinous”… and if they ever use the word “evolution,” just run.

3 Likes

And what a load…

3 Likes

Well, you know what they say. The only cure for democracy is more democracy. So join your local Democratic party, or go non-partisan with the League of Women Voters. Writing your reps can be cathartic but nothing beats getting together with like minded people. There’s a lot of energy out there to counter this stuff, you just have to tap into it.

Also… Xanax… or whatever works best for you.

4 Likes

You have to admit that that’s some poetic Muslim shit right there.

That’s one of the most artful “fuck yous” I’ve ever seen.

9 Likes

Thank God Jesus wasn’t born in China.

Otherwise there might not be any presents to buy, and then evangelicals would be really pissed!

3 Likes

I think they think they have nothing to lose.
They are toast if they do nothing, they are toast if they do anything. To their way of thinking they are going to do maxim damage. If I am going down everyone is going dow.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available