Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

Yes Adam we are all worried
Watching Democracy dissolve like someone dropped a bucket of acid on it

1 Like

I can’t figure out what the big significance of that is. Mueller spills beans? No. They make threats? No.
??

1 Like

I don’t quite get exactly what is going on either. This is what the CNN piece says. Obviously the Mueller side declined to comment.

While the lawyers have met with Mueller’s team before and might again, the sources believe the upcoming meeting has greater significance because it comes after the completion of interviews of White House personnel requested by the special counsel and after all requested documents have been turned over.

@squirreltown OK, here is kinda funny take… :expressionless:

6 Likes

Also, I thought the piece said that the Trump team requested it. Seems like more of a chance for Sekulow to go on Fox after the meeting and make dubious statements about the status of the investigation.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Yea, I’m thinking at the very least Mueller and PP’s lawyers have very different expectations.

4 Likes

My guess is that Mueller is now armed with potential testimony from White House staffers and key White House documents that could directly contradict claims made in Jared’s initial interviews, so this second round will be the moment of truth in finding out what all Mueller might have uncovered against their client including any incriminating testimony Flynn agreed to make against Jared in his plea deal.

I think Jared should be sweating bullets and it’s not surprising he turned to a crises management firm.

4 Likes

Well if that’s the case, they just want to tell the press (if you count FOX as part of it) the investigation is near the end. The CNN’s sources do not seem to know who requested, though.

2 Likes

What I find enraging about this latest kerfuffle over the texts is the notion that not only should Russia investigators have been unbiased, or pro-PP, in the election, they must also not have personal opinions. This is just stupid. Do these idiots think when the FBI is investigating a crime that they have no opinions of the subjects of their investigation?

This is exactly why I think the Democrats should have been going after these goons directly and personally two months ago. As always, the Democrats have been the adults in the rooms speaking calmly and rationally, while the Republicans are busy setting fire to the drapes and piling dynamite in the corners.

3 Likes

"And, if they are screaming about the texts, let’s see what those NY FBIers, who pushed the ridiculous anti-Hillary EMAILS!!! investigation despite all the facts, who rejoiced over Comey’s letter, privately texted back then. Yeah let’s read all their private communications back then…

This is exactly one of the points that the Dems should have been making for the past two weeks.

6 Likes

You are right. CNN makes no attribution as to who requested it. I misread it.

1 Like

Guess they better start polishing up their resumes, by deleting their timeframe working at the Oval Trailer…

President Trump expects to be publicly absolved of any wrongdoing by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III by year’s end or soon after, and several people around him say the often-impulsive president could erupt in anger if that unlikely timeline is not met.

You’re going down, Donnie…

Some associates think Trump will fire his lawyers if Mueller doesn’t clear him by year’s end

5 Likes

Well, either way is possible. Regardless of which side wanted it I do sense a huge shit storm is about to hit :persevere:

3 Likes

:joy:

Also, he’s expecting a Tickle-Me Elmo and Transformers®!

2 Likes

My pussyhat is ready. In fact I even had it on while removing snow this evening :+1:

3 Likes

I made a practice one last spring, time to get some pink fleece.

1 Like

What, no Fire Truck?

1 Like

OT: :no_mouth: :no_mouth: :no_mouth: (photo embedded; be sure to see the comments that follow :joy: )

6 Likes

The main difference between Nixon and Trump - Nixon was elected in an honest landslide.

1 Like

I am not much of a debater (I literally have to chime in on this for an assignment) but I would like to understand whats going on? Can an investigation just be “shut down” by any political party as they see fit? If the FBI is leading the investigation, how can the investigation simply come to a close? I’m not going to lie, I am conservative (I think I’m in the minority here) but I’m not a fan of Trump either. I believe in this situation or in any situation where illegal activity is suspected, that no matter what side your on–Democrat or Republican–the investigation should be carried out by unbiased professionals to its completion.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available