Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

3 Likes

Coming from Schiff this is troubling

23 Likes

Keep speaking out, Mr. Schiff. We’re all listening…

33 Likes

Need to talk this up so it doesn’t get lost in all the holiday partying, bowl games and such.

16 Likes

Another sure sign that Mueller’s investigation is closing in on a clueless Trump.

“Like a pack of lions on a baby gazelle.”

32 Likes

Guessing the NY testimony (double booking for the same time frame as the Tax Bill votes) involves members of the Guiliani-tied rogue FBI unit. Staged to tell a fake narrative about bias - and ‘nothing here’ - into the record, without democrat members able to question (due to the double booking/scheduling.)

Nunes is undoubtedly back to pulling the committee strings - which in turn seem to be being pulled like a marionette from the White House (and Fox).

14 Likes

Is McCabe an appointee, or civil service?

8 Likes

What I find enraging about this latest kerfuffle over the texts is the notion that not only should Russia investigators have been unbiased, or pro-PP, in the election, they must also not have personal opinions. This is just stupid. Do these idiots think when the FBI is investigating a crime that they have no opinions of the subjects of their investigation? Should cops avoid personal opinions of the subjects of an investigation? “Sure, the guy cussed me out and called my mother a whore, but let’s not get all judgey.” The point isn’t whether or not they like him, it’s whether they’re behaving professionally and unbiased as it pertains to the investigation. That’s what professionals do in just about every industry. A server may think their customer is a pompous ass, but they still keep their water glass full. It’s what adults do.

39 Likes

McCabe was appointed by PP. Again, these people are ridiculous.

13 Likes

Captain Schiff is putting on the seat belt signs. GOP doesn’t seem to care whether this republic survives or not.

36 Likes

The FBI and other civil servants are allowed to have political opinions, as long as those opinions agree with the Republicans. Any other opinions are ground for dismissal and arrest as enemies of the state.

Ok, I’m exaggerating the second part, at least for now…but don’t doubt that Republicans would gladly eject any liberal/Democrat out of the government if they could.

15 Likes

But we all know the pretenses are just going to be more and more ridiculous. That’s what backing Trump does, it forces you into more and more extreme positions trying to defend him. They’d attack Mueller for having someone on staff who’d violated the dress code or gotten a parking ticket. They’re signaling there’s no line they won’t cross to stay in power.

25 Likes

“I’m increasingly worried Republicans will shut down the House Intelligence Committee investigation at the end of the month.”

The reason that Republicans are moving towards shutting it down is because they are “increasingly worried,” too.

22 Likes

Closer to the ground, they are signalling that they are gearing up to go after Mueller and attempt to shut down everything. Their timing for these moves is going to be disastrous for them, as they will end up eating up most of the election cycle with stories about their attempts.

Schiff’s comments about the House investigation, they comments coming out of the Senate investigation yesterday, the increased attacks on the FBI, the comment today that McCabe could be gone by next week…it all points to the same conclusion.

29 Likes

He needs to blow the whistle fully and completely. These tweets are nice and all, but it’s time for some Sunshine Disinfectant.

10 Likes

Just saw this response via twitter per McCabe:

12 Likes

Serious question, I just can’t understand what they’re hoping here—do they really think they can just clamp a lid on all these furiously boiling pots and think it will all just calm down somehow? What’s the endgame? Are they telling themselves this is “hardball” and thinking you can have a political win out of it and not risk the collapse of the government’s legitimacy? Have they even forgotten how to read a poll? I just can’t understand what they’re thinking unless they’re going for straight-up authoritarianism. Not really adding to the Christmas spirit if that’s the game plan.

20 Likes

I’m 100% convinced at this point that thy actually do care: they want it to die so that from complete chaos, they can try to install themselves as permanent rulers and rebuild the country in their own whacked out ideological image.

How many fucking times and for how long have I told everyone that they have “had it”…that the election of a black man on November 4, 2008 was the LAST STRAW…that it is now no holds barred, the ends justify the means and nothing is off limits for them? Anyone starting to believe me now?

17 Likes

I wish I knew but never underestimate the depths of the stupidity of the House of Representatives.

There are two grand juries at work under Mueller’s aegis. One has already has handed down two indictments and a 3d charge resulting in a guilty plea. I don’t understand how they think this will all just go away. I also don’t understand how they can imagine that there won’t be a price exacted by the American public for this if they do shut it down.

23 Likes

You’re still projecting your own competence onto them.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available