Discussion: Ratcheting Up Feud At Rally, Trump Says 'I Know Things' About Tester

Sounds like you had to be there to get the full effect. He hated, they hated, they hated together, new lows were reached.

In a rambling, stream-of-consciousness speech that lasted for an hour and 15 minutes, Mr. Trump made a point of singling out his latest top target, Senator Jon Tester, a Democrat from Montana who helped thwart the cabinet nomination of the president’s physician.

11 Likes

On a related note, can’t wait until the things Muellar knows about the Don comes to light in public…his fingers will be worn to a nub tweeting Bullshit only his imbecilic enablers can possibly believe.

6 Likes

More like $100 dollar bills!

1 Like

NO ringy-dingy … somethings dis-connected —

12 Likes

Team America says, first rule of team playing is that if you don’t step up and do your job we will. Did stupid ever hear of the term vetting. We will leak all over any of your nominees get it stupid.
Team America puts our country first. Unlike the deplorable’s who went to your rally.

1 Like

The biggest story from this weekend is Trump’s acknowledgement of Richard Engel’s interview/report with Natalia Veselnitskaya (broadcast on Rachel Maddow’s show and downloadable from her podcast page). He made a specific reference to the ‘Russian lawyer’ and had a fumbling explanation/excuse where he admitted that she works for Putin and that Putin green lit her remarks to Engel. He tried to spin it as Putin taking revenge because Trump ‘has been so tough on the Russians’. It didn’t work and even his audience was a bit lost by the train of thought.

But the key here is that Trump is reading it precisely as a rebuke by Putin. Veselnitskaya met Engel in Estonia. She could’ve gone to RT or Fox, but she went (effectively) to Rachel Maddow’s program. I don’t think she was prepared for the tough questioning by Engel but she was ordered by Putin to give up her identity as a Russian agent if pressed. You could see her say it through clenched teeth and with a lot of anger and defensiveness, because her cover is now blown. She is now in legal jeopardy in the US (obstruction of justice in the Prevezon case; possible (if not likely) conspiracy to violate the federal election campaign act). Her career outside of Russia is basically dead. That means her value to the Kremlin is now diminished and she’ll have to go back to being just a regular Russian lawyer operating in the Russian legal system.

Now that Trump has acknowledged what people were suspecting, we need to ask the question, "Why did Vladimir out Veselnitskaya in order to hurt Trump?’ The effect of that outing was to throw cold water on Devin Nunes’ cover up and to refocus attention on the Trump Tower meeting as one of the many key points of this conspiracy.

Did Vlad do this just because he likes domination games? Or, was it something more significant? Was it a sign that Vlad thinks Trump is done and he is in the process of cutting his losses? Does he think the Cohen case has permanently shifted the winds against Trump? Does Vladimir think he needs to do something to distance himself from Trump and attempt a peace offering for Europe in advance of the World Cup? As it stands, many European businesses and political leaders are not going to attend the World Cup to protest Russia’s interference in democracies everywhere, particularly after the poisoning in the UK. That’s a significant lost business opportunity for Russia and its community of oligarchs which feel more embattled every day as a result of getting mixed up in the Putin-Trump relationship. They all would’ve been much better off with Clinton as President and they all know it.

I find this development fascinating and I’m looking for other signs as to whether Putin plans to step up his distancing from Trump and essentially burn him as an asset.

64 Likes

That can’t be right, I thought these cavemen (and cavewomen) trump fans despise Nobel prizes. You know, they gave one to a Blah president, and there went the neighborhood.

6 Likes

Strange coming from someone who doesn’t know his ass from a whole in the ground.

3 Likes

I know things about pigeons.

11 Likes

I’ve never been to one of these rallies or watched more than a few minutes of video, but they have a rock concert-rave-tent revival quality to them. Sweaty rapt believers eyes turned upward toward the golden adored one. Pretty scary! When they chant “lock her up” it is creepier still, they’re trying to prime his hate-pump. I don’t know a way to get those people out of their personal insane asylum. I guess they’ll just have to die out…

7 Likes

All it takes is tuppence …

7 Likes

Trump seems to conveniently forget that Mueller knows all his (Trump) dirt too!

And I am waiting patiently for that truth to be revealed!

5 Likes

Great insights. I hope you’re right. If so I think Putin’s motivation is that the Trump gambit hasn’t paid off for him. His American capo couldn’t deliver the goods and now is proving to be a liability.

I’ll have to look at the interview myself to check out

You could see her say it through clenched teeth and with a lot of anger and defensiveness, because her cover is now blown.

If so the Lady has a lot more to worry about than “back to being just a regular Russian lawyer operating in the Russian legal system.” You know, like winding up dead.

10 Likes

President Trump is being extorted by Putin. What if the Russians have given Trump info on multiple congressmen, thus allowing Trump to extort Testor and others-including Republicans (remember the RNC was hacked as well).

4 Likes

According to the fake news published by the failing Bezos WaPo it started out as “a raucous rally Saturday before thousands of supporters in a state that is critical to his reelection hopes” but “Less than 20 minutes into the [nearly 80 minutes long] speech, as Trump jumped from assailing former FBI director James B. Comey to the European Union in a speech that appeared largely unscripted, some in the mostly white and older crowd headed for the exits.”

12 Likes

Naah - got to be at least a Jackson.

1 Like

I’ve got two middle school girls and they’re delightful. It’s the middle school boys that are the dinks.

5 Likes

Forget Senator Tester. He is irrelevant to this conversation.
If Trump believes the allegations against Dr. Jackson are false, there is absolutely nothing stopping him from placing his name back in nomination to head the VA.
In fact, Trump owes that to Dr. Jackson, our veterans, and the American people.
To do anything less would be the actions of a spineless coward.
Your move, Mr. President.

11 Likes

Whatever those things are, I bet they were fed to him by Vlad back channel

2 Likes

Chris Cillizza’s lead at CNN was absolutely insane. He still believes the cables did not elect Trump with their hours and hours, billions of dollars of free air time for Trump rallies- it was on all the cables last night too!

“He has helped you sell your papers and your books and your TV. You helped create this monster and now you are profiting from him.” - Michelle Wolf

Cillizza: “The first sentence there is 100% right…
The second sentence I take some issue with. Yes, cable ran Trump’s primary speeches because he said and did things that no one else would do – and that people would watch…
But that, to me, is different than “creating” Trump. Donald Trump’s candidacy was formed and sharpened by an angry and embittered GOP electorate who was sick of their own party, of Washington, of the media, of everything. He was rising whether the media covered him wall to wall or not; he was the angry id of the GOP. The media didn’t create that.”

Yes, Chris, you deluded man, the media helped create Trump. Just stop it.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available