Discussion: Putin Critic Nikolai Glushkov Found Strangled To Death In London

Tell that to all the Sandy Creek Truthers…

2 Likes

Trump has a lot of faults and is certainly the worst President we’ve ever had-- by a very wide margin. That said, he’s never had anyone killed to my knowledge, so he’s hardly in Putin’s league as mob bosses go.

1 Like

You sure it’s not just совфефе?

2 Likes

No bad vibes to Stormy, but the visual that comment gave me. :joy:

He really is no better than a common criminal. A fine fellow for Trump to emulate.

3 Likes

“wet work”

2 Likes

She also says Trump has asked his security people if they would kill for him https://t.co/6Jn0PY0Knl

— Garance Franke-Ruta (@thegarance) March 16, 2018

That’s a reference to former Trump exec Barbara Res, who says Cohen threatened her for speaking against Trump during the campaign. If he hasn’t had anyone killed yet don’t think it’s because of any delicacy of feeling.

4 Likes

If the UK would adopt a sane immigration policy and keep out immigrants from shitholehouse countries like Russia, Putin wouldn’t have to keep reaching into the UK to kill people he doesn’t like.

Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a President who could recognize that Putin is engaging in repeated acts of war, and should be treated appropriately for that?

2 Likes

It’s the Winters. It could do that to almost anyone.

“Telegram for Mr. Manafort!”

1 Like

Fair enough, but there’s still a big difference between wanting to have someone killed and actually having it done. To my knowledge, Putin’s crossed that line many times. Trump has yet to, though.

1 Like

Fredo was a hapless loser - but he tried. he genuinely loved his parents and was kind to his nephew - not traits that 45* exhibits

I don’t think he does actually - I think he wants to be an international golf champ playboy - mob bosses have to think and organize, he doesn’t want that job.

1 Like

with the full support of the GOP congress and senate

3 Likes

I’m completely convinced that these KGB hits in England are meant for one person, and one person only…Paul Manafort. He’s not gonna talk and he’s not going to flip.

1 Like

This is basically SMERT SHPIONEM.

Oh no, I’m not arguing with you. He’s a huge coward, and has a certain sense for staying out of jail. (Had. Until now.) Just saying there’s a real, real dark side to that psyche, which I assume isn’t news to anyone here. : )

2 Likes

“…Vlad is really longing for the good old days as KGB head. He’s just going back to his roots…”

When I saw the headline, and before I read the story, I had the same impression: We’re back to Stalinist days.
SMERSH was a real organization, an acronym for “death to spies”.
Don’t know if he’s revived SMERSH or it never went away.
Putin sees Russia slipping away as a world power and he’s desperate. He would love to turn us into a 3rd world country and have hegemony over eastern Europe as in the days of the Iron Curtain.
It’s a pipe dream to be sure.

4 Likes

This is NOT a sudden flurry. It’s driving me crazy that people think so :flushed::roll_eyes::rage: This is business as usual!

This is up until 2015:

And more…

Putin is an ex KGB thug who has been murdering his opponents from the get go.

There is NOTHING new here.

3 Likes

I hope not fatally, but Trump has badly damaged relationships with long-time allies.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available