Discussion: Putin Critic Nikolai Glushkov Found Strangled To Death In London

I would expect any Russian ex-pat is nervous.

10 Likes

And the sex worker who peeā€™d on the Donald in Moscow, now sleeps with the carp at the bottom of the Moscow River

8 Likes

We had our offices swept for bugs every week. Fun times.

8 Likes

@ncsteveā€™s answer is the best ā€¦ but perhaps Putin also is testing the Western alliance. The candy-assed sanctions the Administration got dragged kicking and screaming into adopting this week clearly arenā€™t enough.

16 Likes

[quote=ā€œsanni, post:6, topic:69689ā€]
Is this that second event - or yet a third incident?
[/quote]Get yer scorecards here! Canā€™t tell your dead Russians without a scorecard!

14 Likes

The article says more than a dozen Russians have turned up dead recently in Britain. I guess Putin carries a grudge. Could it be that two scoops ran so he could have Secret Service protection?

12 Likes

Yeah by my account weā€™re up to 16.

11 Likes

The London police force said ā€œat this stage there is nothing to suggest any link to the attempted murders in Salisbury,ā€ and they said there was no evidence that Glushkov has been poisoned.

Understand why this is the official line, but thatā€™s not really accurate is it.

11 Likes

It must have been the Mayans or the Aztecs that did it. Or maybe the Ottomans. Nothing to see here.

7 Likes

Putin cleaning houseā€¦

And/or sending messagesā€¦

6 Likes

This was much earlier but revisited given the new case.

2 Likes

The second event.

4 Likes

Hey, you shouldnā€™t insult Fredo like that.

4 Likes

must be one of those MS-13 gang guys who did the deedā€¦

7 Likes

For all intents and purposes, T rump is just wants to be a mob boss, and he happens to run a country with a massive nuclear arsenal. Itā€™s as though Charlie Luciano is now in charge of a country with the most powerful military on earth, only T rump is subservient to Putin, who is in charge here.

9 Likes

The body count is getting pretty high, no? Several publications were keeping a running tab on diplomats and former Putin critics dying under what one could only describe as . . . suspicious circumstances during and following the 2016 election cycle.

Last August, Axios ran this article:

listing ten such deaths. Seems to me I recall the number in the teens by the end of 2017.

Gary Kasparov had a chilling quote he said was commonly repeated (probably in whispers) inside Russia:

All countries have their own version of the Mob. Russia is the only country where the Mob has its own country.

I suspect the Trumpster is envious.

21 Likes

I guess being a Russian diplomat is like being a drummer for Spinal Tap.

6 Likes

Strangled to death? Is that like drowned to death, or killed to death?

3 Likes

A message to Donnie?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there was nothing nefarious involved.

He probably just fell backwards out the 5 story window onto sharp, exploding, poisoned, bullets by accident.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available