Discussion: Protesters Drown Out Richard Spencer At UF: 'Nazis Are Not Welcome Here'

1 Like

“…how did it feel to get punched in the face”

I shouldn’t laugh but HAAAAAAA!!

14 Likes

“But…But Free Speech!..
(sniff)Waaaaahhhhh…”.

Tough toenail, Spencer

8 Likes

Good answer. Let him come. Shout him down.

10 Likes

Hopefully lots of schools/venues will think long and hard about spending $500,000 to host more of these RWNJ morons. (looking at you, Milo)

12 Likes

Yeah! It’s not Berkeley!
(I live in Berkeley)

4 Likes

Sure doesn’t look like Spencer had too many supporters in the audience.

Excellent work, protestors!

Next rally, Spencer is gonna have to require those applying for tickets to show their KKK and/or Nazi Party membership cards.

16 Likes

Ask yourself: would a university REALLY be forced to provide the stage and $500,000 of security so that someone could get up in front of people and try to re-open the argument about whether the world is flat? OR would the court say “hey, you know what, free speech doesn’t mean that the school has to provide a launchpad, platform and bullhorn to every nutjob out there who wants to relitigate the progress of mankind.”? Hmmm?

Something’s wrong here and what it is, is this: white privilege still extends to being able to pretend publicly, politically and LEGALLY that the issue of non-white freedom and equality somehow isn’t over and done with, decided and forever resolved in favor of said freedom and equality. Let them learn the fucking hard way I guess.

19 Likes

Or require cost sharing for additional security. If he has to pony up a couple of hundred grand each time, he’ll start thinking a bit longer before planning another one.

10 Likes

Spencer accused protesters of “ganging up like some mob.”

Dear G-d, what a frightening situation!

I hope those thugs weren’t wielding tiki torches.

38 Likes

So, sessions and trump will be front & center then, eh?

3 Likes

Well, since I’m only an Average Coward I can’t imagine the fear that weasel faced.

3 Likes

Personally, I would have preferred the students buy up the tickets, dress in concentration camp clothes and then go the the homes of the people who approved this Nazi jackass and sit on their front lawns with a big sign saying “Tell Your Kids How Their Blood is Not On Your Hands.”

2 Likes

I am really proud of those protesters :clap::clap::clap::clap:

But I’m sure the right wingers will paint Spencer as a martyred victim of those evil intolerant libruls :disappointed:

7 Likes

Yay! Way to go America! We don’t want no fucking Nazis here! I love this. Love Love Love it.

11 Likes

Now watch somebody who approved Spencer’s speech start talking about how college is so you’re exposed to ideas you disagree with and blahblahblah.

1 Like

“A mob!” Oh my! I need that sad trombone gif. He takes the cake.

4 Likes

The only reason for Nazis is so that they get punched in the face every time they show up.

2 Likes

Can we please stop calling him “Spencer”? I have a small issue with using that name to refer to a Nazi. :grimacing:

His name is Richard - can we all agree he’s DICK?

(although I should keep a copy of the audio of the “Fuck you, Spencer” chant on the off chance that things go very, very wrong here at home…)

9 Likes

I was thinking that Spencer’s victimhood might make for some revolting op-eds over the next few days. F’rinstance from Ann Coulter. She doesn’t care who she reTweets, apparently. She’s nothing buy a Running Dog Fellow traveler.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available