Discussion: Polls: Voters Oppose Trump On Shutdown By Wide Margins In Key 2020 Senate States

Vox populi Columbus NM slightly west of El Paso whose residents oppose the wall by a 90 to 10 margin.

“The only crisis we’re facing here is a shortage of labor. Fewer people cross the border to work than before, and Americans don’t want to get their hands dirty doing hard work.”

“Enough about the wall already,” she said. “We have other problems here that need fixing.”

11 Likes

Considering his diet and his heightened level of anxiety, it’s somewhat miraculous that he hasn’t stroked out on the Executive Crapper.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, yesterday’s article at fivethirtyeight.com says Fat Nixon’s losing the shutdown…

5 Likes

Yep. Nobody who lives on that border wants this wall.

4 Likes

Indeed! Who needs polonium?

1 Like

OT but good news.

12 Likes

Just wait until he declares this a National Emergency and claims emergency powers to take on eminent domain from those border states. Those numbers and others from those states against pResident Turd may just shoot through the roof.

Everyone knows this is symbolic fairy dust and bullshit. Its nothing more than a vanity project for himself and a racist, xenophobic symbol for his base.

The facts have already been established as to how we arrived at this moment. The Republicans had total power in all three branches of government for two years, and still never passed a bill to give to tRump a wall he could have had from them. Then Pence relayed tRump’s willingness to sign a bill without a wall and a unanimous vote was held the first time around. Then two talk radio bimbos convinced him he was wrong to do so… So this is easy to see as another one of his sham crises. Not to mention as Steve Schmidt says, “Where are the Pesos paying for this wall?” These facts can’t be explained by any of them, which is why McAsshole is hiding out from answering difficult questions in front of the cameras.

tRump just can’t take “no” for an answer because he’s a petulant child and its the only thing left to stir his base since the Muslim ban was a total fail when it made it through the courts. How is he going to stoke fear and hostility with his base in 2020 if he can’t get this boondoggle built? Keep yelling “lock her up” without Flynn by his side, and Hillary so far out of public life that they only have her in their rear view mirror? I’m sure they’ll find some new female candidate to unleash their misogyny over. That’s a certainty.

10 Likes

I keep hoping. But then we’d get Pence, who’s much more dangerous because he’s a more socially acceptable lunatic.

4 Likes

I love his show. He even lets people talk! Especially the bad guys. :grin:

3 Likes

But we were promised there would be drugs there!

Please stop worrying about Pence. If we get him he will be utterly hamstrung by taking over unelected for a disgraced president.

10 Likes

Pence will be a short term placeholder (if he takes over before 2020) and will cause more damage to the party for so many reasons too lengthy to get into which we’ve talked about here a few times, we should almost welcome him.

6 Likes

Trump and McConnell are peas in a pod when it comes to throwing tantrums to get their way

2 Likes

It’s telling that the Dotard trusts those radio bimbos more than Mitch McConnell.

3 Likes

Maine: 33% agree; 63% disagree
Maine: 40% support; 57% oppose
Maine (Collins): 32% more likely; 53% less likely

pst, over here, Collins is toast anyway so these numbers fit in just fine.

5 Likes

This particular shutdown may stick better in people’s memories better than others also because there are signs that the shutdown itself is being mismanaged.

It’s entirely possible that the clean up and cost from the shut down will be ongoing.

And the longer it goes on the bigger the cleanup.

7 Likes

I’ll try to keep your and @littlegirlblue 's words in mind. Plus, I know Dense really is a dunce – but I’m gunshy these days! :smirk:

1 Like

When you fuck with people’s income, they remember.

12 Likes

lol to funny

Add Limbo to the influential radio talkers.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available