Discussion: Police: Harassment Of Native American Children A Crime

Discussion for article #232652

Wow. I had a mental picture in my head as to what one of these guys would look like and they so nailed it.

2 Likes

He’s the police chief.

16 Likes

Big tough guys picking on children! Wonderful.

7 Likes

I live in SD. Generally there are not huge problems with native folks and non-native persons (I am not a native person). Blatant anti-native comments are simply not heard in Sioux Falls (other end of the state). So, I was pretty surprised about this story. I don’t doubt it - it has been corroborated by several persons. I just find it pretty amazing.

2 Likes

yeah you don’t sound racist at all, takes numerous sources for you to believe cause you never had problems with “those” native folks, go home teabagger, your exposed.

5 Likes

OK cool. Now they have one of 'em. Lets see how fast Mr. Tough Guy rats out his buddies.

1 Like

He said he does not doubt it. Did you read that? He said, since these things don’t occur elsewhere, where he lives, he was surprised they occurred at all. But agreed they did. He did not deserve one word of your knee jerk post.

13 Likes

yeah you don’t sound racist at all, takes numerous sources for you to believe cause you never had problems with “those” native folks, go home teabagger, your exposed.

His exposed what?

Try the decaf.

11 Likes

I’d be willing to bet the dude was pretty surprised when the Police came a knockin. As someone else mentioned, it won’t take long for him to give up the rest of his Klan.

5 Likes

Wonder if they would say the same thing to Henry Boucha -a n Ojibwa from Warroad MN who was one of the state’s greatest players. Played years in NHL and for 1972 Olympic team. #nimrods

1 Like
His exposed what?

+10

4 Likes

WTF is wrong with people?

5 Likes

Thank you. The point of my post is that we do not see a huge amount of problems with anti-native sentiment in my experience and that I have seen personally. Nor do I see or hear a lot in the paper. We have a lot of efforts in SD to promote and work with native folks. So, this kind of blatant stuff is really surprising. It’s of course wrong, but I just don’t see it much. 30-40 years ago? Probably, but I didn’t live here then.

1 Like

Oh cool!
Resident TPM Racesplainer Nick Danger.
(Check the bottom of your shoe bubba.)

jw1

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time In South Dakota. Trust me, the behavior at the hockey game is what thousands of farmfucks in South Dakota are thinking every day of their lives.

1 Like

So this is what it will come to. One or two people will be identified as “the perpertrators”, while the entire rest of the group in the box with them will be “innocent”. Either accomplices or fucking cowards in the worst way.

You might want to check your confirmation bias and re-read that image chyron again.

1 Like

Um…try being part Native American and standing in anything resembling a line outside of any county courthouse in the Mount Rushmore State. I guaran-damn-tee you one of the local Sons of the Sod will yell “Where’s the cheese?” from out the window of his pickup truck. This witticism refers to government cheese handouts and while 30-some years old, is still regarded by these shitkickers as dynamite repartee.

4 Likes

Cue right-wing chorus: “They are trampling on this hockey fan’s first amendment rights. The PC police strike again.”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available