Discussion: O'Reilly Lawyers Mistakenly Send Strategy Emails To Politico

This is amazing where’s Gabe Sherman.

So systematically abuse and terrify women for decades, make a career on Bill Clinton’s impeachment then blame the Democrats when your own criminality can no longer be hidden in plain site. Check.

10 Likes

I’ll write it and we’ll do it live. F8ck it!

4 Likes

There’s no words there. … Go go … I can’t do it … we’ll do it live. F8cking thing sucks. …

Long form original:

2 Likes

As a lawyer, if a law firm sends you something by mistake you’re supposed return it unread. Even if you do read it, you can’t user act on the information in any way.

But if you send something to a media organization by mistake… sucks to be you.

16 Likes

Don’t blame the lawyers. Since Sessions fired all the blue state lawyers the Federal Public(no typo) Defenders Office has more business than they can handle. Most of 'em are in Minsk.

5 Likes

Mistakenly, huh?

Sounds like maybe someone is a little behind on paying his legal bills, or has taken a Trump-like approach to delaying payment indefinitely.

4 Likes

Yeah, like one or two others have suggested, isn’t the real story here the “mistakenly sent to politico” part? How exactly does that happen?

6 Likes

Mail, sure, but e-mail? Is that a legal obligation or an ethical obligation?

IANAL and ask in true ignorance, not snarkily.

Can we have less news about every Shady Pines female’s imaginary boyfriend. He is gone.

2 Likes

At a certain point, the puppet may believe (s)he is actually the puppeteer. But O’Reilly going after Murdoch?
As long as Fox PR issues enough fawning praise to accompany the simultaneous back-stabbing, I don’t see O’Reilly doing much of anything against his creator.

3 Likes

And they can clearly say public service journalism here. So first amendment …

What a gift, Politico should send the poor slob who hit send a nice fruit basket.

[quote=“jgabriel, post:27, topic:54642”]
Sounds like maybe someone is a little behind on paying his legal bills, or has taken a Trump-like approach to delaying payment indefinitely.
[/quote]My first thought was what did he call the one who sent the memos? Hot chocolate was already taken.

4 Likes

You know it’s his lawyers and not O’Reilly himself because the “smear campaign” line didn’t include crude references to women opposing him and pap.

1 Like

Both, but it can also depend on some factors. You can take it to the judge and have them decide also. If it’s something the other side was hiding or if it’s something exceptionally important for the other side to know, a judge can decide differently. The receiving attorney isn’t permitted to make that decision, however.

3 Likes

Nobody will ever beat the lawyer at a big New York firm who mistakenly sent a strategy memo regarding a high profile case involving a pharmaceutical manufacture to the New York Times through the magic of autocomplete.

3 Likes

Yes, but in this case, it’s still comedy gold BillO the Clown.

3 Likes

The consolation prize of 25 megabucks most likely has a number of conditions embedded in it so as to keep any and all law suits away from Rupert and his meth lab network. It’s really a small price to pay to be rid of this particular Worst Person In The World.

2 Likes

I just hope Bill has plenty of freeze-dried stew in his underground bunker…

1 Like

“You all should know that I will not put up with much more from FNC.”

The world will be a better place when Murdoch and Ailes kick the bucket, but the hubris of O’Reilly is hilarious here—Murdoch and Ailes made O’Reilly’s career.

2 Likes

You know, if Ailes was still there, that “strategy” may have had a chance as he was such a reactive personality. Ailes would react, even overreact, to any perceived slight. But as he’s no longer in the picture, that idea had no chance.

O’Reilly would have been better off just masturbating to those e-mails…and he could “do it live”.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why he, at 67, wanted to stay on the show in the first place.

I’d gladly accept tens of millions of dollars to not appear on Fox News. If Fox is interested, they can contact me here through TPM.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available