Discussion: Oregon Militiamen Destroy Fence At Wildlife Refuge

Actually there is no evidence of that. The only evidence they had was one guy threatening, and he was arrested.

In this case, there will be dozens of arrests. The last time was their “chance”, just like OWS got a lot of leeway at first.

No, Loretta Lynch is not covering for a bunch of white morons. Trust me. Have a little patience.

4 Likes

And still Obama sits with thumb up his ass

1 Like

Wrong-o, pal. That is how Bush or Trump would do it. I say we embed media for the raid. Show the world how we deal with criminals.

1 Like

Great! Now we can add “Destruction of Federal Property” to the list of crimes these fuckers will get away with.

And to think there are still some people who deny white privilege is a thing.

4 Likes

Now the grown ass rugrats are tearing up stuff now! They are literally hijacking our public lands for their personal gain…that shall not be tolerated! For there are LAWS on the books NOW and I for one don’t know why NOTHING is being done to these people!

1 Like

It’ll be right behind the action on Cliven Bundy, I’m sure. It takes a surprisingly long time to write warrants, it seems.

1 Like

Oh please, get a grip.

2 Likes

No, but the serving of them should be done at the right time. Plus they are gathering evidence, identifying vehicles, etc. Some asshole tries to go home at night, they will have evidence he was there, etc.

You are suggesting Waco or Ruby Ridge tactics? Or maybe the adult way is a good idea. Defuse the situation, arrest later. There is no danger to anyone in the general public, this is in the middle of nowhere.

Had this been a federal building in a downtown city, SWAT Teams and the National Guard would have come in, and these assholes would surrender in a minute or get gassed/lit up (especially if they were a danger to the public). They picked a soft target for a reason. They are chicken shits. And they have soft heads. These assholes will not get their demands, and they will be arrested for various charges. They lose. Big time.

You seem to want them all shot up. All that does is make them martyrs, like Koresh, etc. No more screw ups please. Thank goodness Loretta Lynch and James Comey are both 10 times smarter than Janet Reno.

8 Likes

The wise psychology for dealing with these kinds of protests–which are minimally disruptive and non life threatening–is to let the “crazy” run its course and burn itself out. But you better believe–in case things turn sinister–that there are federal swat teams, locked and loaded, just over the horizon

6 Likes

I think that they hope it catalyzes a government reaction. It’s getting cold and boring out there.

3 Likes

“This will help them out, being able to run their ranch like they have in the past,” Bundy told the Oregonian.

So can I go back to my old rental house and live like I did in the past? No matter that Mr Landlord sold it to someone else. This is about property rights that I don’t have.

Where is the law?

2 Likes

I was digging out supplies in the north 20 this AM and the snow was above my knees and it was 0 degrees. It doesn’t look that bad where they are and I can tell because they aren’t wearing enough gear or the right gear. Plus, if they had a lot of snow, that fence would’ve been under it.
I’m betting the bullshit that these guys pump out is deeper than the snow.

A little side note, that wasn’t an excavator that they were using, it was a skidsteer.

2 Likes

Coupla things here …

first, destroying federal property valued at $100,000 is a felony.
second, there are sentencing enhancements for committing a felony while in the possession of a firearm.
third, it’s at least three months before cows can use the newly-broken fence.

Bottom lines: once (if) these assholes leave the refuge, they have provided easily-documented, extensive evidence that they have committed a felony while in possession of a firearm. The old adage about “give 'em enough rope” seems to apply here. The tricky part will be arresting them, but it’s likely to be easier at an auto dealership in Tucson than at the Refuge.

And, once the Refuge managers are back in charge of the land, if, indeed, it was one of the local ranchers who asked the fence to be cut so his/her cows could go on there, the Refuge and BLM have a number of enforcement mechanisms to make sure that not only does that rancher not get cows onto the Refuge, but also that they are denied grazing privileges on other federal lands.

I’m not that impatient about the lack of “high profile” federal response here. Let these morons build the case to put them in jail for a decade, and then find ways to arrest them after they have gotten tired of life without Slim Jims and energy drinks. And punish the local ranchers who tried to get in bed with them by cutting off their grazing privileges. It’s not as neat and tidy as a drone attack (and believe me I have had revenge fantasies about a drone attack), but it may end up being more effective.

15 Likes

What I wish had happened when these fellows went to tear down the fence, is that the feds had gone in and locked up or secured the buildings so that they couldn’t return. Or towed their trucks. Or even towed one. One towed truck would have been enough. One locked building would have been enough.

The only reason I can think of why the power has not been cut is that the gov’t may have the ability to electronically monitor the goings on in and about the buildings and they are gathering evidence. And I hope that every single person in this group is prosecuted and has to go to jail. Real jail.

3 Likes

There are a few rational people on here. The ones who want to light them up are no different than War Mongers. They just want blood. Sad.

2 Likes

The Fish and Wildlife Service issued a statement blasting the ranchers’ actions and warned it could result in additional legal action against the men at the refuge.

Yeah, I imagine Bundy is shaking in his boots. Additional action. Like that suffered by his father? Which was.............none?
3 Likes

Will any of these people ever be able to buy a gun again … all this sounds like felony conspiracy? Don’t want to see them in jail, even the Hammonds. Just want that honorific title ‘Felon’ next to their names for the rest of their lives.

You know these SOB’s deserve jail time since they are probably Law-and-Order GOP types who go all gooey inside thinking about mandatory minimum sentences. As far as I’m concerned being felons and unable to buy guns is enough.

I also understand they they have begun rifling through the files, to “find proof of wrongdoing,” adding Nancy Drew skillz to their list of accomplishments.

2 Likes

So why don’t you do something, tuff guy? Sitting too long playing keyboard warrior can contribute to hemorrhoids.

1 Like

Just struck me that BLM can stand of Bureau of Land Management or Black Lives Matter. And these guys probably don’t like either.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available