Discussion: Obama Attacks Trumpism In Return To Campaign Trail: 'Our Democracy Is At Stake'

That’s it right there - occasional Dems who make it to the polls swing elections.

2 Likes

Off the clock - they’re 7 hrs ahead in St. Petersburg.

5 Likes

She’s gotten death threats. Thanks, Kelly!

7 Likes

It’s becoming a standard thing as we proceed to Make America Great Again.

11 Likes

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe joked that Gillespie was treating Trump like “a communicable disease.”

The political equivalent of crabs, herpes, hepatitis, chlamydia, and the clap – all rolled into one.

Of course, El Jefe can now trot out Gen. Kelly to vouch for his bravery in that “personal Vietnam”…

7 Likes

It is easy to forget this, but it is the damn truth. And with time, the extent of the meddling in the election will prove it more true. Donnie did not win this election, this I know. And he will not take our country away from us. And all of the aiding and abetting and pretending by the GOP is not enough to make Humpty Dumpty more than he is. He is a sham, and he is UNFIT. Time to wake up and rally and fight.

8 Likes

Just commented on that in another thread (without posting that tweet… just couldn’t bring myself to). Yeah, I knew it was coming (didn’t you?) but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to vomit. I do.

4 Likes

Somehow, the falling (and failing) of Kelly makes me almost feel sorry for him. I’m not sure why, but I thought there was a kernel of decency in the guy. But no. Nada. Nothing. A sell out, and a particularly sad one at that.

7 Likes

If something happens to her, it will be on Kelly. What a tragic legacy for this man. WTF is he thinking? Trump is indeed POISIN.

2 Likes

I think they are driving her to go public. People handle grief differently, and it would be a radical move, but if that happens, look out.

5 Likes

It feels like things are coming to a head. Course, I have felt like that before….dammit.

3 Likes

OT, the good news for me, personally, is that we actually got rain tonight in the Napa Valley. Rain!!! Not a lot, but enough that most of here can finally get a good nights sleep. Sheesh, now I can go back to worrying full time about the country instead of my house burning down.

FFS, what a year. Honestly….we need some good national news, don’t we? Somethin soon, please. Like a photo of donnie being led off in handcuffs would appease me. Or a stratijacket. One or the other or both.

11 Likes

Hell yeah!

4 Likes

This is so over the top. I cannot stand it. He needs to STFU. Leave this family alone.

3 Likes

He can’t help himself. He is insane. UNFIT.

2 Likes

Josh just posted that Kelly did not get his facts right during his tirade. Kelly needs to resign and someone needs to break Trump’s phone.

4 Likes

So happy that you got a bit of rain. Maybe the rather significant storms we are experiencing in Seattle will drift south.

2 Likes

Someone posted about tonight’s Lawrence in another thread and I just now checked it out. It was a powerful takedown. Here’s the link.

5 Likes

Just read that. “Ugly” was the first word that comes to mind. An ugly, ugly soul if the guy’s got a soul. Then again he’s the moron’s CoS, so that’s pretty much a required qualification.

1 Like

This wasn’t just some ordinary speech that an ex-President gives to support a candidate. Obama took dead aim at Gillespie’s tactics. He equated Gillespie’s approach with Trumpism. Gillespie has been running a Bush/Rove/Atwater/Reagan style campaign: looking slick, corporate, appearing moderate, but going dirty with racist ads. Instead of ignoring the ads, Northam has confronted them head on. But to have Obama do it took it to a different level.

What Obama is really saying is that the GOP has always tried to have it both ways on race until Trump came along and decided to throw away the dog whistle for the bull horn and white hooded sheets. But after Trump is gone, we will still have a shitty, elitist, racist and neo-fascist GOP to deal with. Obama is basically telling voters, you can’t let the GOP slide. Being ‘a little bit racist’ in political terms isn’t going to fly because there is too much at stake. Our Republic can break and racism is one of the primary drivers of that tension just as it was in the run up to the Civil War.

The polls look pretty good for Northam right now. My prediction is Northam +3. The polling average is closer to 6 points. Dems just gotta get out and vote.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available