Discussion: Obama Attacks Trumpism In Return To Campaign Trail: 'Our Democracy Is At Stake'

The biggest worry for Northam’s campaign is ensuring the votes of base Democratic voters — especially the students and African Americans who appeared to make up a plurality of the crowd in Richmond — aren’t suppressed.

Fixed.

MoJo: Rigged: How Voter Suppression Threw Wisconsin to Trump.

7 Likes

If they didn’t learn in 2001, they don’t wanna know

4 Likes

About this, Obama and Bush agree.

2 Likes

Killed FDR. He died in April following his fourth inauguration in January 1945. Twelve years and a few weeks in office.

9 Likes

To anyone who says that they don’t vote because their one vote won’t make a difference, I would say “You should vote in support of your beliefs in order to be the kind of person that you wish there were more of in the world.”

6 Likes

The best part of this is it doesn’t require anybody to admit anything. You just lay on the guilt over time - emphasize the redeeming part - and it will work on some percentage of them.

10 Likes

It makes me weep. What we have lost with the monster who replaced him. It wakes me in the middle of the night in tears.

8 Likes

“Ya know, I ran for President of the United States twice, won easily both times, and never once did I get help from the Russians.”

KABOOM

14 Likes

Just do what you can, even if you think it isn’t much. Every little bit helps. You’ll sleep better if you focus on that. We’re not helpless and for sure we’re not alone. We’re the damn majority. We’re everywhere. Hang in there! Barack Obama is a lesson in surviving and enduring, and ultimately prevailing. We owe him our own endurance.

9 Likes

Winning campaigns inspire voters. Losing campaigns blame voters.

Blaming voters for not voting for your campaign or candidate is an excellent way to ensure that they will never vote for your campaign or candidate in the future.

Campaigns that give voters something inspiring to vote for win. Campaigns that say vote for us because we’re not them lose.

Campaigns that earn votes win. Campaigns that act entitled to votes lose.

Some democrats have problems understanding these simple truths as evidenced by some of the comments here against voters.

I made up this today because of a mailer Gillespie/Repubes sent out that pissed me off.

target repub voters

9 Likes

I need to just tell you that seeing these motivational statements right next to your avatar… well, it just looks like the words are being spoken by the sandwich. And that’s making me happy. It’s like, the words are so much more inspirational being spoken by a hopeful sandwich! If a sandwich can aspire for a better world, well then, maybe it is possible after all.

thanks, hoagie!

8 Likes

If you ask them them that, they’ll call you a bitch and tell you to get a life and quit talking about politics. End Quote.

6 Likes

Sounds like you are speaking from your own experience :expressionless:

4 Likes

Trump: “I prefer soldiers who don’t get themselves killed.”

1 Like

True - I hope anyway. Gillespie’s going to be oozing that Koch money like blood to depress D turnout.

1 Like

OT, but put in the context of “It’s the 21st century, not the 19th century”…

5 Likes

That’s a great point. It’s not just Trump, it’s also the kakistocrats he’s installed. Everywhere you look, another one that is soulless, idiotic, corrupt, racist, or some combination thereof. Just seeing them standing or sitting around Trump, the expressions on their faces are sickening. And then they open their mouths, and it gets even worse.

8 Likes

As others have said, just knowing Obama’s out there and on our side—he’s still my damn President!—is sustaining. But on the other end of the continuum, JFC this is just getting worse, if you can believe it:

The Fake News is going crazy with wacky Congresswoman Wilson(D), who was SECRETLY on a very personal call, and gave a total lie on content!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 20, 2017
10 Likes

Obama never said Trump’s name during his mostly positive speech — but it was clear who he was talking about…

Where’s brissy to tell us that Obama must have been talking about someone other than Trump since, after all, Obama never actually said Trump’s name?

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available