Discussion: Obama Attacks Trumpism In Return To Campaign Trail: 'Our Democracy Is At Stake'

Man, that “Yes we can” chant just brought tears to my eyes… and the looks in the faces of those people behind his back… those are the faces of sane people.

8 Likes

For all of his faults as president–and they were real–he’s head-and-shoulders above anyone else on the political scene.

Thank you, Mr. President.

10 Likes

Especially after the last couple of days…really weeks.

5 Likes

I, for one, think it’s time for a few unveiled shots.

C’mon, Luther!

4 Likes

I expect a tweet or two about the size of the crowd and some other derogatory remark. Trump does not get the genuine love that President Obama does.

6 Likes

He has that affect. I felt so safe when he was President.

14 Likes

Yet I know of at least 4 women in my sphere of friends who did not vote on the presidential ticket in 11/16. They “could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary” (oh, don’t get me started), so they didn’t vote at all at the top of the ticket. How can this be true? It tortures me.

14 Likes

Ask them if they’re happy with Trump.

12 Likes

And what are their excuses now?

3 Likes

It’s frustrating. When I tell them their non vote was, by default, a vote for Trump, they get angry.

9 Likes

People don’t like to admit it when they’ve made a colossal mistake.

17 Likes

They don’t want to face the idea that they helped put him in office. I have a couple of family members exactly like that. Politics is a forbidden topic now.

12 Likes

So we need to talk to them about the midterms. That’s where they can redeem themselves.

12 Likes

Excellent strategy.

7 Likes

"All the young people out here, you know, I think that it’s great that you hashtag and meme but I need you to vote.”

That’s for damn sure. Sitting around working the Twit Machine all day is sooooo much easier than talking a friend into coming down to vote with you.

6 Likes

Yes! We need to appeal to remorseful Trump voters that they can fix their mistake by helping to flip the House or Senate. I can dream!

4 Likes

O we’re taking Congress back. I know we can.

6 Likes

Yes we can!

5 Likes

And to make it worse, the non-voters, BernieBros®, and protest voters still refuse to understand that US elections are binary. You choose one of two, either by your vote for them or your lack of vote for them. Period.

10 Likes

That’s really the way I always viewed President Obama, as our(the nation’s) cool dad. On Inauguration Eve, I was sick with the feeling that I was being made to leave my happy home with cool dad to go live with my mean, abusive stepfather. I’ve tried other metaphors to describe my feelings about 45’s America, e.g. lashed to the mast of the ship of fools, but I can’t beat the abusive stepfather for accuracy.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available