Discussion: NYT: Trump's Legal Team Still Largely Unsure What Mueller Knows

Cobb didn’t specify WHICH Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to THIS particular moment in Mueller’s investigation.

8 Likes

And things haven’t gotten ANY better since Emmet Flood came on board. I was expecting the whole operation to tighten up, Giuliani to be fired, and Trump to be muzzled, by Flood.

NONE of that has come to pass.

Likely not Flood’s fault. He’s got an unmitigated fool for a client.

6 Likes

Same here. I’m guessing, “Let me tell you what I told them” does not always equal “What I actually told them”.

3 Likes

Pro Tip: Start with everything you remember doing that was against the law, then add everything that you forgot, viola, you now know what Mueller knows.

5 Likes

Wha???

Manafort can confirm that Trump knew ALL about the Trump-tower meeting in June of 2016.

Add to that the fact that very shortly after Trump found out they were going to GET the info from Wikileaks, he PUBLICLY asked Russia to fork it over.

4 Likes

And even worse is they don’t know what Donald did because he’s too dumb to know that they need to know in order to be able to work up a defence in time. Much to our luck in the effort to get him out of office and into jail.

5 Likes

Woodward wasn’t writing a book about the Mueller investigation. He couldn’t really, those guys don’t talk. So all he can tell us is how the WH people he spoke to view it.

6 Likes

Ethically, a lawyer can defend a client they believe to be guilty, but they cannot make a statement they know to be untrue.

Is this just Dowd not wanting to limit his options for mounting a defense?

2 Likes

Murphy’s Law of Combat: If you don’t know, the Claymore is pointed towards you.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s verrrrrry intereschtink!

I consider it possible that Rudy may be throwing in the towel. Trump is too much even for him. Especially when Trump started blaming the Ghoul for his recent woes.

2 Likes

No, that will be a thing of beauty!

3 Likes

He does have a fool for a client but he knew exactly how much of a fool before he took the job. I don’t feel the least bit sorry for anyone who willingly goes to work for/with the orange stain hurricane. Flood knew better and did it anyway. Take your lumps, Mr Flood.

6 Likes

I would replace “seriously doubt whether Trump has anything like” with “I am certain that Trump does not have.” But yeah, Dowd knows Trump well and knew it was pointless to try to deliberately get the truth from him. But the truth does leak out of him in the form of projection, justifications, evasions, obsessive denials, and expressed fears, like the ones he leaked, if you’ll pardon the expression, to Comey about the pee tape’s existence.

If you examined him repeatedly on the same subjects at different times, you, as a lawyer, could get a pretty good idea of the threat environment based, not on what he says, but on what he denies, evades or lies about. And if you are stupid enough to take on the job of representing him, that’s your job. The problem is that he’ll fire you for doing it.

8 Likes

According to more than 12 people close to Trump who spoke to the Times,
the team of nearly a dozen lawyers working for the President have only a
partial idea…

Purely a coincidence, I’m sure.

8 Likes

I still think what they put in him was mood stabilizing drugs.

3 Likes

“some of the blame for the gap in knowledge falls on former Trump lawyer John Dowd, who reportedly never investigated Trump’s actual legal exposure and relied on the President’s denials of wrongdoing instead.”

Dowd actually believed Spanky??!!

I find that hard to believe as Dowd is the one Woodard quotes as saying that Spanky is a fucking liar unable to tell the truth.

Dowd had to have had a clue here.
But, in Dowd’s defense, Spanky is SOOOO bad that no American would initially expect how bad he, a POTUS, could actually be. It’s incomprehensible at first look.

1 Like

Not knowing and worrying about what the government has against you as an investigative target means you are certainly trying to hide something, i.e. you’re guilty.

1 Like

It’s unclear if Trump has even disclosed a full accounting to his lawyers of his time running the Trump Organization or some of the most contentious events of his presidency thus far, the Times reported.

It’s unclear? Really?!?

I’m as far removed from Chiselin’ Trump as anyone, but even I can guarantee, with absolute certainty, that he has not given a full accounting of anything.

4 Likes

Did the Mueller investigation end with Manafort’s flip? I haven’t seen or heard much out of Spanky or Rudy lately.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available