Discussion: NYT: Trump's Legal Team Still Largely Unsure What Mueller Knows

No, that will be a thing of beauty!

3 Likes

He does have a fool for a client but he knew exactly how much of a fool before he took the job. I don’t feel the least bit sorry for anyone who willingly goes to work for/with the orange stain hurricane. Flood knew better and did it anyway. Take your lumps, Mr Flood.

6 Likes

I would replace “seriously doubt whether Trump has anything like” with “I am certain that Trump does not have.” But yeah, Dowd knows Trump well and knew it was pointless to try to deliberately get the truth from him. But the truth does leak out of him in the form of projection, justifications, evasions, obsessive denials, and expressed fears, like the ones he leaked, if you’ll pardon the expression, to Comey about the pee tape’s existence.

If you examined him repeatedly on the same subjects at different times, you, as a lawyer, could get a pretty good idea of the threat environment based, not on what he says, but on what he denies, evades or lies about. And if you are stupid enough to take on the job of representing him, that’s your job. The problem is that he’ll fire you for doing it.

8 Likes

According to more than 12 people close to Trump who spoke to the Times,
the team of nearly a dozen lawyers working for the President have only a
partial idea…

Purely a coincidence, I’m sure.

8 Likes

I still think what they put in him was mood stabilizing drugs.

3 Likes

“some of the blame for the gap in knowledge falls on former Trump lawyer John Dowd, who reportedly never investigated Trump’s actual legal exposure and relied on the President’s denials of wrongdoing instead.”

Dowd actually believed Spanky??!!

I find that hard to believe as Dowd is the one Woodard quotes as saying that Spanky is a fucking liar unable to tell the truth.

Dowd had to have had a clue here.
But, in Dowd’s defense, Spanky is SOOOO bad that no American would initially expect how bad he, a POTUS, could actually be. It’s incomprehensible at first look.

1 Like

Not knowing and worrying about what the government has against you as an investigative target means you are certainly trying to hide something, i.e. you’re guilty.

1 Like

It’s unclear if Trump has even disclosed a full accounting to his lawyers of his time running the Trump Organization or some of the most contentious events of his presidency thus far, the Times reported.

It’s unclear? Really?!?

I’m as far removed from Chiselin’ Trump as anyone, but even I can guarantee, with absolute certainty, that he has not given a full accounting of anything.

4 Likes

Did the Mueller investigation end with Manafort’s flip? I haven’t seen or heard much out of Spanky or Rudy lately.

2 Likes

“After Dowd left the White House, his team spent at least 20 hours interviewing Trump about key events of his time as president.”

I wonder how many times DJT contradicted himself.

1 Like

If they didn’t collude with Russia, and they didn’t lie, then they’d know exactly what Mueller knows. They fact that they don’t know says it all.

1 Like

With a bullet in every chamber.

Key word-allows. The attorneys and clients don’t have to share everything with everyone else. Sounds a little squirrelly but IANAL.

Have you read Lincoln’s Bible on Twitter. Lays out all of Trump’s mob ties, this Russian ties too. Informative but scary as heck. You can read without joining Twitter.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Trump campaign colluded with Russians. Too many contacts, too many Russian assets in the campaign. The only open question for me is did Trump personally collude. I am waiting on Mueller to confirm that.

1 Like

Apparently they don’t have to share everything they know or have disclosed. Sounds like it’s the most efficient way to share discovery documents but not necessarily client information or strategy.

Indeed. Thusly, why are we letting him appoint a Supreme Court justice?

1 Like

@ronbyers

…did Trump personally collude.

Trump will never admit collusion and there might not be enough irrefutable evidence to convince a jury, but it won’t matter. Trump’s exposure is more clear-cut to more easily proven white-collar crimes involving money laundering, tax fraud, and the mundane mail fraud that can be proven with paper trails. There will be enough evidence to vote for impeachment but probably not 2/3 of the Senate but I am Trump will resign for the good the country, never.

1 Like

Incompetence, chaos and magical thinking. That’s all there is in this presidency.

1 Like

In the face of changing demographics, the old farts in the GOP want to lock in their old white-guy agenda for another 35 years.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available