Discussion: NYT: Trump's Legal Team Still Largely Unsure What Mueller Knows

1 Like

Good. I hope they only find out when the ax is coming down on this despicable charade of a “presidency”.

26 Likes

At this point, assume Mueller knows everything.

29 Likes

Hmmmm, Rudy — the one who thought this thing was in the bag — has all but disappeared lately. Not that I am complaining— because I am not.

18 Likes

After Dowd left the White House, his team spent at least 20 hours interviewing Trump about key events of his time as president.

I’m sure that was time well spent!

10 Likes

Yeah, I’ll bet they got an awful lot out of that doddering old fool! Mostly superlatives, mostly irrelevant, all of it self-centered.

10 Likes

I seriously doubt whether Trump has anything like a conventional understanding of right and wrong, whether he could admit wrongdoing to himself or anyone else, and whether the phantasmagorical fantasy world swirling inside his thick skull could clarify long enough for him to accurately describe anything he’d done ever to a lawyer or anyone else. So within the scope of the investigation I think it’s probable Mueller knows more about what Trump did than Trump does himself.

42 Likes

Lethal combination of incompetent lawyering with a client unwilling to tell the truth to himself, let alone his attorneys. This will not be pretty.

17 Likes

I can summarize what Mr. Mueller knows fairly succinctly.

EVERYTHING!

8 Likes

Dear Mr. Dowd,

Please call your malpractice insurance carrier to report a potential claim. And check your policy limits.

Thanks,

Risk Management Dept.

7 Likes

I can narrow it down for them: Mueller knows “things that happened.”

Things that didn’t happen? Don’t worry about those. They won’t hurt you. The things that happened might, but those won’t.

I would like my consultation fee now, please.

3 Likes

In the dark … exactly as it should be.

3 Likes

I should not want to play poker with that fellow Mueller

12 Likes

He’s cutting Flynn loose because he got more than enough from Cohen and Manafort.
Be afraid Donnie
Very afraid

5 Likes

I imagine that there is so much there that they cannot imagine that possibility. That Dumpster has such little recognition of and respect for the law he is relatively clueless as to what he has done that might have serious consequences for him. He has only the impulse to keep the whole stinking mass of his business as hidden as possible.

10 Likes

I only hope that they (and we) find out real soon.

2 Likes

Agreed, but Dotard is playing Russian Roulette…

3 Likes

Mueller has everything: tRump’s income tax returns, his Deutsche Bank accounts, his attorney, his accountant, his campaign manager, his White House attorney, and most importantly a trove of TS/SCI-level intelligence to provide the matrix to sew it all together. Mueller can’t present the intelligence in court, but it does let him know who to go after (ie: Manafort) to get testimony that can be admitted.

Throw in the fact that Mueller relieves himself of more intelligence every morning than tRump was born with.

Basically, tRump is F*CKED and doesn’t even know how badly. The Justice Dept. may not indict a sitting pResident, but a former pResident is fair game. This does not end well for Donnie, his brood, or whatever fortune he actually has.

16 Likes

Wait a minute. Didn’t Cobb say the investigation to be over by Thanksgiving (and before the new year) 2017?

Fun Fact: At the end of 2017 Cockholster legal eagle Ty Cobb’s prognostication record remained at a solid zero. Meanwhile his distant relative, Ty Cobb the baseball player, still held the record for the highest career batting average.

4 Likes

“former Trump lawyer John Dowd, who reportedly never investigated Trump’s actual legal exposure and relied on the President’s denials of wrongdoing instead.”

Only the BEST people!

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available