Discussion: NYT: New National Security Adviser Breaks With Trump On Views Of Islam

Needless to say, McMaster will be gone soon … So this is a bit off topic, but this story came out last night and I’m wondering why it’s not being covered by the NYT. Any guesses? Makes me a bit nervous.

11 Likes

Welp, on the one hand you have a brilliant one-in-a-generation warrior-intellectual with extensive experience in the Middle East and on the other a barstool blatherer who’s as ignorant as a horse on everything, you’re going to get these differences of opinion.

35 Likes

This goes further than just the FBI story. And the Times did not cover that one either …

2 Likes

NYT won’t “cover” a WaPo exclusive. Just like WaPo won’t cover a NYT exclusive.

ETA: Nothing to worry about. NYT is probably working on their own scoop.

6 Likes

Can we move General McMaster up the chain of succession to step in as POTUS when Hair Furor is frog-marched out of the White House? There has been a complete lack of intelligence in the Oval Office since President Obama left.

16 Likes

Jeez, Presidents Bannon and Gorka are gonna be pissed. They may have to interrupt the “Boss” and inform him that the new guy doesn’t believe hard enough.

12 Likes

Ah, thank you! But they didn’t cover the earlier story about Reince talking to FBI that was reported on CNN. People here noticed it as well.

2 Likes

Well, if McMaster thinks that the label “radical Islamic terrorism” is not helpful and that terrorists are “un-Islamic,” then he will never be able to help solve the problem of “radical Islamic terrorism.” Say it, say the words, and the problem will magically disappear (perhaps Trump should try “abracadabra” instead).

4 Likes

CNN was reporting on the WaPo story.

I remember Watergate. NYT and WaPo were in heated competition to break exclusive stories. Think the same is happening here.

5 Likes

Meanwhile Flynn is rejoicing as his record for longevity is in danger of being broken.

In reality, his job is probably safe as the shit storm and rebellion in the ranks would be yuge if he is fired. The few adults in the administration will go ballistic.

2 Likes

This “radical Islamic terrorism” label was one that the far right pushed through Faux Snooze.

5 Likes

On top of it all, the sheer stupidity of this cover up. Makes Nixon’s plumbers look like Roman generals.

10 Likes

We’ve gone from Nixon’s plumbers to Joe the Plumber is less than 50 years.

17 Likes

There is no doubt that the republic is in danger but can you imagine how much greater the danger would be if these ass-hats were competent at anything?

9 Likes

America stands with Nicaragua :nicaragua:

19 Likes

He’s perfectly safe.

Until the exact moment Conway announces, “Gen. McMaster enjoys the full confidence of the president”.

23 Likes

When will President Trump issue the words RUSSIAN ELECTION
TAMPERING? He can’t say it, and unless he will, the problem will not be solved!

I’m just saying ‘there’s something going on there.’

(Trumps tweets amended)

13 Likes

Go ahead and fire me, mofo. I dare you.

1 Like

Whenever the trump rw talk media and GOP reps said that - I had visions of the old movie the Candyman.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available