Discussion: NYT Makes A Whopping Five Corrections To Melania Trump Profile

Discussion for article #241293

Amurikkka’s “4th estate” is dead and buried next to Jimmy Hoffa under the trailer in which Elvis is living outside Area 51.

It shall never be found or heard from again.

10 Likes

Truer words were never spoken. What a dirt rag this paper has become.

1 Like

That’s really all this TPM story is relevant to. Pretty obviously the NYT story was drafted by a fashion and society reporter, and edited, if at all, by someone in the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous department. Trained reporters who adhere to actual journalistic standards don’t make that many errors on basic, easily checked facts without a policy that adheres slavishly to pandering.

The other thing this should remind those of us who care is that Trump’s presidential style would be, in its own way, every bit as crass as the premiership of Berlosconi.

7 Likes

Other edits included changing “Huge” to “Yuuuge” and “classy” to “Luxurious.” There was also one instance of correcting “vagina” to “lady parts.”

8 Likes

Fair enough. On this site, I’d settle for the occasional spellcheck from TPM.

3 Likes

Is it just me or does she resemble a wax figurine of Sophia Loren gone wrong?

4 Likes

Correction: The NYT was referred to as a newspaper. It ceased to be the Great Gray Lady some time ago.

2 Likes

Well it took three grudging corrections to their lying story on HRC

Heckuva job, Times!

Also, how you do manage to incorrectly name the current position of one of the GOP presidential candidates? It’s not like Rubio is never in the news, or anything…

4 Likes

But what about including the added correction about the selfie? And why was that taken down? Its on the record. I mean it did happen. She did take the pic, didn’t she? Why is that off-limits? Are we supposed to revere anyone that has the potential to become a First Lady just by virtue of their being married to someone running for President?

It never stopped The New Yorker Magazine from doing the angry black woman Terrorist Fist bump cover of Michelle Obama, which they made up out of whole cloth as a cheap dis. At least the crotch selfie of Melania Trump was a real thing…on par with the Anthony Weiner crotch shot.

NYT’s political coverage in general has been atrocious. But more so as it relates to Hillary Clinton if you ask me. They’ve performed journalistic malpractice as far that goes…

6 Likes

This is sloppy reporting but to claim it proves that the NY Times is a sunken ship is idiotic. The Times still does the best investigative reporting of any major news outlet in this country I am aware of and to dismiss it as if it’s work is being done or will be done by bloggers and the like is absurd. I can think of a lot of things I don’t like about the paper but I am really glad it is still being published and we would all be at a great loss if it vanished.

3 Likes

I agree 100%

1 Like

More explicit, ungrudging and timely corrections than we ever saw from their botched Hilary email story a few weeks ago.

7 Likes

Well, perhaps the shoddy coverage is more about the attention it feels Trump and Melania deserve.

I mean, how many rational people look at his presidential run and shake their heads in horror/amazement/sadness?

We can also laugh, but making a mockery of a presidential run is really not funny.

1 Like

I was thinking she asked the makeup artist “Can you make me look like Iron Man but if he was a woman and did not wear armor?”

1 Like

It only took five corrections. I was expecting at least 10.

Way to go Baquet! Such high quality journalism!!!

“All the News that’s Fixed to Print”

1 Like

At some point, the NYT just posted, “Fuck it! We’ll do it live!”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available