Discussion: NV GOP Senator Announces Opposition To Senate Health Care Bill

Let me remind everyone, that’s exactly what Fred Upton said in the House right before he changed his mind and voted for that piece of shit bill they passed. They gave Upton some sweetener and he was as gung-ho as anyone that was with Paul RAyn from the beginning. You’d never know the difference in the end between the holdouts and the eager beavers. When it comes to Republicans, they’re indistinguishable from one another.

8 Likes

Can’t get an earful from anyone when there is no plan to hold any constituent events.

After all, everyone know those just become shouting fests and have absolutely no importance to these guys. They just don’t care.

2 Likes

I heard that interview. Wonder if he’s chosen the freedom to go without health care? What a brave stance! And how completely selfless!

2 Likes

Their wealthy donors will make sure that these Senators are re-elected. Look at what happened in GA-6. The GOP attached Ossoff to the dag-blamed shooting at the Congressional ball field and the GOP candidate still won. I’m sorry, those donors are more than happy to lie through their teeth to ensure they get what they want. Doesn’t matter what happens to the constituency.

1 Like

I think it could fall either way, but I’m going off what happened in the past when they tried to vote this up before. Given, that the Republicans usually fall in line and they have been known for their party discipline, and that’s why I’m not very certain. However, GOP members have voted against this before. Yes, they’ve not said “HELL NO!” but we do not know the poltical reasoning behind their equivocation. It could be that they personally want to vote for it, and they’re trying to wait and see if leadership can come up with something that gets them off the hook with constituents (my best guess).

2 Likes

If the lackeys of the one percent choose this time to declare class warfare, their patrons will come to regret it. Not saying heads piled up in the streets, but maybe 70% tax on incomes over one million.

3 Likes

And a bit more money thrown at the opioid crisis.

1 Like

That’s why the donors want the tax cuts to be passed before 2018.

3 Likes

Per Maggie Haberman:

AMERICA FIRST POLICIES, the pro-Trump/Pence outside group that Pence has
been raising for, is preparing a seven-figure ad buy against HELLER

Pop over to her twitter feed to read the comments. Some think it is a bluff to scare Heller.

1 Like

Angus King is a dude. Also an independant who caucuses with the Democrats, so I’m not too worried he’ll vote for this crap bill.

OTOH, Susan Collins never fails to disappoint!

5 Likes

I guess if Heller repeats ‘premiums’ enough, we will ignore ‘deductables’ and the fact this this bill is about tax relief for his rich buddies. NOT healthcare.

2 Likes

“In this form, I will not support it,” Heller said. Heller is up for reelection in 2018 and is from a Medicaid expansion state. He cited the rollback of expansion has his reason not to support it.

“This bill…is simply not the answer,” Heller said.

I think "Green Eggs & Ham" does it better.
1 Like

Let’s not cross our chickens unless our bridges is hatched.

2 Likes

I think there’s a chance that rand paul could view himself as a hero for deep sixing the bill and portray himself that way to the public even though his reasons are the opposite of what most people’s are.

2 Likes

Bingo! LGB.

1 Like

I can’t vote for this t*rd! Where’s the diarrhea?

They will rearrange the paragraphs untill they get them all to vote yes.
It’s the GOP

2 Likes

I’d chew my arm off and send it to you if either of those three voted for it. Manchin lives in a state that has benefited from O’care almost as much as KY and has an opiod epidemic that rivals ours. Tester has come out strongly against the House bill, which wasn’t quite as mean, and so did Heitkamp. There’s literally nothing in it for any of them. Not even a little bit. Don’t confuse voting for or against things that were already going to pass or fail as being the same as being the same as being the deciding vote.

I think we’re going to be quite pleasantly surprised by who is and isn’t in trouble next year. We all got so caught up in those special elections in heavily gerrymandered, bright red districts,

9 Likes

All 48 Democrats are hard “no” votes.

7 Likes

Exactly. The House wanted to dump that shit sammy on the Senate and let it die or get something much more palatable in the end. That was going to be their saving grace and it’s why a handful of moderates were willing to go out on a limb.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available