Discussion: Not A Dog-Whistle But A Bullhorn: Steve King Says ‘Diversity Is Not Our Strength’

Oh no now you’ve done it, they’ll be in fierce competition and this will not end well, at least for one of them, the rest of us will enjoy the show.

3 Likes

From a moral standpoint it would seem King has fallen further into the pit of hell than Franken… why not the call for his resignation? How can he represent the diverse culture in his district?

5 Likes

It’s probably not cynicism, if that’s what you’re thinking. I’m pretty sure he genuinely thinks white Christian Americans are better than anyone else. He’s so enthusiastic and consistent.

5 Likes

I think his district is 98.9999999% white, they did have let some in for to man the taco truck.

5 Likes

Only mixed capitalization allowed!

5 Likes

Hey! Maggots are nature’s microsurgeons, and they don’t deserve this defamatory comparison. Steve King is more of a tick or mosquito-ridden dung pile.

5 Likes

I’ve spent most of my life in Southern California and I have traveled extensively thoughout the USA. About the only saving grace for the United States is it’s diversity. Places like LA, SF, New York, Chicago, Seattle…may have their issues but it’s these places of power and intellect that make America great. Not those Lilly white bible thumping lard infested wastelands that would elect a POS congressman like King.

10 Likes

Iowa’s Steven King is scarier than Maine’s!

6 Likes

From his wikipedia profile:

His father has Irish and German ancestry… Raised a Methodist, King attended his wife’s Catholic church, converting 17 years after marrying her.

Steve’s right about diversity—one of the worst decisions this country ever made was letting in all those Goddamned Irish Catholics in the 19th century. Things have been going to hell ever since those drunken Micks and their Papist ways took root.

7 Likes

the natives should have killed us off in the early 1600s when they had the chance.

4 Likes

And let this wonderful land be ruled by spics and frogs?

“diversity is not our strength.” “diversity is not Your strength.” FIFY Steve, you ol’ bigot you.

3 Likes

King is in Nazi Hitler territory now. Republican party going down the tubes.

7 Likes

Lack of diversity never hurt me none.

10 Likes

I’ll take my polite, hard working and pleasant Dominican neighbors over his fat, pasty ass any day.

The end.

10 Likes

I live in a mixed neighborhood that is largely Dominican. I’ve never met nicer, harder working people in my life.

7 Likes

You tell 'em Steve. Looking forward to your bill kicking out those dirty Irish, Italians, and Amish. Especially the Amish.

Fucking bigoted assmunch.

11 Likes

C’mon Steve, I thought us folks here in Texas had the most exceptional bigots.

5 Likes

The Iowa Republican congressman known for his racially insensitive rhetoric tweeted on Friday that “diversity is not our strength.”

Hmmm… you don’t say.

Spoken like a true white supremacist bigot. As for King being a “nativist,” perhaps he should remember that “his people” are most definitely NOT native to this land. The Cherokee, Navajo, Cheyenne and Arapaho, on the other hand, truly native to America.

Perhaps it is Mr. King who should leave.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available