Discussion: Not A Dog-Whistle But A Bullhorn: Steve King Says ‘Diversity Is Not Our Strength’

I was just starting Richard Evans’ “The Coming of the Third Reich” the other night, and I happened to highlight this:

Same scumbag ideas, different word. Instead of “Jew” it’s “diversity.”

5 Likes

“Our” in this case means the whitest people of the whitest state in the country and the whitest district he represents.

@tena Now I’m really laughing.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J.Trump slurred his speech during his announcement about Jerusalem on Wednesday because of “low-battery issues” with Vladimir Putin’s remote, the White House said on Friday.

Speaking to the White House press corps, the press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said that Trump’s slurred speech was “a case of what happens when President Putin doesn’t change the batteries in his remote frequently enough.”

“President Trump makes public appearances several times a day,” Sanders said. “In the course of those appearances, President Putin’s remote can drain its battery very quickly.”

Calling Putin’s remote-control operation of Trump “far from glitch-free,” Sanders said that there have also been problems with the Russian leader’s attempts to control Trump’s thumbs when he tweets in the early-morning hours.

“Sometimes President Putin has tried to operate President Trump’s thumbs and there has been the same low-battery issue,” she said. “This has resulted in random capital letters, misspellings, and, in some cases, gibberish.”

Sanders scolded the press for speculating that Trump’s slurred speech was the result of problems with dentures or his brain. “We are working with tech support to resolve the issue,” she said.

@irasdad

4 Likes

That is good. hahahaha

It’s increasingly looking like that whole bleeping ‘party’ has aligned itself with the nouveau-Soviets.

1 Like

That reminds me of the “Bush Pilot” video that some Germans made shortly after George W. took office. I was thinking they needed to make a sequel.

1 Like

The did align themselves with the nouveau-soviets - right around the time Obama got elected.

2 Likes

This was my go-to Website during the bush reign of terror. dubyaspeak.com, “We Recorded The Damage.” It’s still compiling his wit and wisdom

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/

3 Likes

Thanks for that; it’s going into my ratwing reference folder!

2 Likes

You’re right, Mr. King.

I don’t like your kind.

GTFO!!!

And take the rest of those republican assholes with you.

I swear, the trash they let into this country, nowadays.

Why, when I was young, republicans actually put country before party.

1 Like

Screw resignation, the man should’ve been arrested years ago.

Let’s not forget that this is the amazing patriot who justified a terrorist attack against the United States and its public servants.. This man should be in prison, at least.

1 Like

Steve King is the only person in America who can make the Charlottesville Nazis and white supremacists look good by comparison.
Well, besides Donald Trump, anyway.

1 Like

I’m surprised King didn’t quote another Hungarian, Sebastian Gorka. Now there’s a Hungarian Nazi that King would be proud to commit a kristallnacht with!

Just 'cause you’re a dumb idiot, Mr. King, doesn’t mean that others don’t see the full extent of your incredible stupidity.

You know who else said something similar to what you just said, Mr. King? The racist aparheid regime of South Africa - that is exactly how they justified their institutionalized racism, Mr. King. They were full of shit too, just like you.

But trust me, I get it… I get it that mental midgets and cowards like you feel bold now. You rats always feel bold when the cats are nowhere in sight…

1 Like

Oh, no. Louie has long since retired the trophy. But King is nastiest and cruelest.

I remember when I told my Jamaican co-worker about the house that was next door from mine and how much I hoped he wouldn’t move next to me. He was trying to figure how to process this insult until I told him, “Dude, you say that you like to have big loud parties on the weekends. I don’t want a neighbor who has big loud parties. I’d be thrilled as hell if you lived a couple of miles away and our (theoretical) kids went to the same schools and were friends or even got smoochy-smoochy when they got older. All I care about is that it’s quiet by my house on weekend evenings.”

Steve King is a a complete ass. He’s from a state that loves talking about its immigrant roots, but can’t stand the idea of other people having a say. Iowa. like several states West of the Mississippi wanted to be a White state, and it’s close to that. He pissed because people from Central and South America are moving there, taking on jobs the locals no longer want to do, and have the gall to set up ethnic communities and businesses in dying towns.

You know what? Iowa deserves that pos Steve King, because he reflects the views of people who vote for English-only and anti-immigration laws. What King and plenty of people that vote for him fear is an aging and shrinking White population. They fear becoming the minority, and having other people in power. People who may decide to treat White Iowans like those same Iowans treated them.

In general, Iowa is a friendly polite state, but I ran into some types who were real Steve King supports, and they were small-minded, xenophobic racist assholes just like King. If King loves Hungary so much, why doesn’t he pick up and move there. I’m certain they would welcome him with open arms, oh wait, he’d be an immigrant…

Actually it seems tat this is not true. He has counties that are very high % ispanic population. For example Buenia Vista County is over 25%.

Hmm I wonder if he has ever held a town hall there?

I never get this argument. If Steve’s “culture” is so superior, then what the hell is he so afraid of? Won’t that inherent superiority simply absorb and overwhelm all of the inferior cultures it comes in contact with? Small minded bigots like Steve always sound like they are contradicting themselves with every inane statement they make. It takes a massive inferiority complex to make someone that afraid of other “cultures”.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available