Discussion: Nielsen’s Career Forever Linked To Family Border Separations

Kelly told her not to do it! She said “i’mma do it.” Made bed.

1 Like

Oh AP, you incredibly- and/or- not- always- neutral -when- it- comes- to- the- gubment newswire

“Fair or not”
“Skewed the facts”

and then you do her a favor of writing her resume for her - and that costs a lot of money usually -

“Following Trump’s election, Nielsen joined the transition team, on the
recommendation of several former co-workers, to help guide Kelly through
the confirmation process to become Trump’s secretary of homeland
security. Nielsen quickly won the retired general’s trust, impressing
him with her work ethic and command of the issues.”

keep up the mediocrity!

6 Likes

Bottom line…the crappier job you do in this administration, the more likely you are to survive yet another day. As soon as you get proficient at anything and have the guts to tell the truth…you’re gonna be outta of job, toot sweet. I think she’ll survive for now, but not for long…

4 Likes
22 Likes

The new Mark of Cain.

I like it.

5 Likes

And that 2300 is probably a lowball number.

11 Likes

At a recent press briefing HHS clueless Secretary Nielsen was asked “how is this not child abuse” and responded “Be more specific, please.”

9 Likes

It is, others estimate 2500 or more.

I can’t believe no one knows the exact number for sure.

5 Likes

I can.

8 Likes

O I can too - easily.

8 Likes

OT, but more evidence of a Big Blue Wave.

6 Likes

Yes! Including the fact that this idea that we can’t run against Trump and win is nonsense.

5 Likes

Which reminds me, she should put the pen that Dotard gave her after signing the order someplace where the sun don['t shine.

2 Likes

As it should be

1 Like

Probably not just the separations. I’d bet big that reuniting these families is going to be one hell of a cluster fuck. I can’t imagine proper records were kept or that any Trumper planned on being where they now are. There’s going to be lost kids. Kids given to the wrong folks. Gotta happen.

Nielsen’s career will be linked to whatever the media links it to. Right now Trump “fixed” the problem and she thanked him for his leadership. " it’s been going on for 60 years and no one had the political courage to fix it" I think were the words. Same guy that said HRC started the birther thing and he fixed it. That flies if the media gives it wings. So far Trump’s flying high.

4 Likes

This cannot be repeated often enough. They were scapegoating the children, toddlers, and babies of those who have nothing just to show what hardliners they are.

7 Likes

Intimidation ( and morbid satisfaction ) was the intent. The cruelty was built into muscle folks into being intimidated. These guys are so clueless. We have thousands of Border folks of Hispanic heritage and yet they just don’t get it. Nothing Trump or ICE can do measures up to what these people suffer in their homelands. They have nothing to lose. Their kid makes it into the USA or is detained. But not dead in a ditch. Clueless.

5 Likes

And this poll was taken before his latest horrorshow.

The Pew survey was conducted from June 5 to 12

3 Likes

Let face the fact that Kirstjen Nielsen is a Nordic Aryan princess who is fully committed to the Trupista goal of denying non-whites an equal place in American society. Like the Trump base, she is paralyzed with fear that one day, people with brown and/or black complexions will become the majority of American citizens and ravage the land over the white people.

She like those who share this bigoted view are quite literally the scum of the earth and have turned the swamp Trump promised to drain into a cesspool.

And just for the record, I am white.

6 Likes

Toxic waste cannot be recycled.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available