Discussion: Nielsen’s Career Forever Linked To Family Border Separations

If she still has her own children, it’s not a fair trade.

We already know what the first line of her obituary will be, decades from now.

“She privately expressed her concerns to Trump” will be the second line.

Just as when Colin Powell was asked to go before the UN and lie about Iraq’s non-existent WMDs and he did so, Nielsen had the chance to do the honorable thing and resign. Powell didn’t and had no political future; so too has Nielsen no political future. You made this bed, lie in it.

3 Likes

Brethren!

1 Like

What was it that Corey Lewandowski said in that controversial interview? - “Womp, womp.” That’s how much I care about Nielsen’s future career options.

2 Likes

I’m Danish and embarrassed that a woman whose name suggests similar ethnic origins could stoop so low.

No one who sided with our bloated shitwad President will be allowed in decent society after this. She’s hardly alone. Frankly, every single person who went to Trump’s rally tonight should have their citizenship stripped and then be locked up in an Arpaio-style tent prison for the rest of their worthless lives.

Do reptiles have tear ducts?

“good riddance”?

Don’t forget to also hang this albatross around the neck of one Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, who is as complicit as Nielsen in making this happen. His post-administration life should be monastic. I also expect both will have to be as circumspect with their international travel as Dick Cheney (they got Pinochet).

5 Likes

I know a role where she’ll fit right in, especially given the current prediliction for remakes:

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll beg for mercy after sentencing in the post-Trump tribunal.

She’s certainly rethinking Taco Tuesday for dinner meetings.

2 Likes

She may well do that, but it may not be the, er, dark location you are thinking of, but rather another one in its immediatey proximity. She’s probably ecstatic about that Spankee praised her and she’s on a high right now.

1 Like

Great description of the Dumpster administration.

1 Like

If there’s a God, Sessions will be in jail and need not worry about traveling.

2 Likes

This needs to be repeated often. Cruelty was the intent. It goes along with their clear campaign of dehumanization.

I’ve been thinking about this (false) ‘Obama did it, too’ justification: I think it’s perfectly consistent with Trump voters’ world view where cruelty is normal and necessary, with the only difference between Obama and Trump is that Trump embraces it while Obama the phony tried to hide it.

3 Likes

Another link
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ivanka-trumps-5000-silver-gown-is-being-compared-to-thermal-blankets-used-by-immigrant-kids_us_5b2a8017e4b0a4dc99235524

2 Likes

My first and only sportsball metaphor is a slamdown!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available