Discussion: Nevada Court Arraignment Of Bundy Brothers Goes Off The Rails

“But… but… the courtroom flag has a gold fringe so this is a military tribunal! I am a civilian, a Free Man on the land, I am not subject to your drumhead court martial!”

11 Likes

I agree. Unfortunately, the pathetic state of American journalism permits these nut cases to perpetuate their ignorance.

10 Likes

“I will not be entering a plea today,” Cavalier said, cavalierly.

19 Likes

I worked in a civil courtroom for a few decades, admittedly not the same as a criminal court room. Some judges allow defendants to speak their mind for quite a while. This is a great way for defendants to make their record and destroy any chance of prevailing on appeal. And it is quite entertaining for courtroom staff.

37 Likes

I deploy this Onion article fairly often, but it seems to be germane here.

18 Likes

Return them to their cells via trebuchet.

11 Likes

Not if you ride a horse and wear a cowboy hat.

3 Likes

They read COTUS the same way they read the Bible.

14 Likes

they’ll be learning this lesson if they haven’t already…

save a horse… ride a cowboy

2 Likes

My solution is simple. The Western Homestead Act of 2016. (A test Act) Have the Federal Government auction off 100 square miles (or so) of land around Bunkerville and Bundy Ranch. One square mile parcels (640 acres) Reserve price $500,000 per parcel. (Less than $1000 per acre.)

All proceeds going to the Office of Federal Debt to pay down the national debt.

Who could possibly object?

5 Likes

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure that scoffing at the authority of the court and the presiding judge is rarely a winning legal strategy.

33 Likes

Sounds like the contempt Muslim Jihadist terrorists have when brought into the U.S. Courts for trial, exactly like those “other” terrorists who do not recognize the legitimacy of the United States of America.

8 Likes

They are going by the ( Bundy ( Ammended )) Constitution .

1 Like

I chuckled at that. Brian Cavalier, if that’s his real name, must have thought that action was so profound. We all know the courtroom erupted in applause. I can imagine the prosecutor had to show great restraint not to laugh in his face.

3 Likes

Having seen mercifully few judges myself, I can only say that the ones on Law & Order would really take exception to this behavior.

7 Likes

Good ol’ Rubes. We’re probably better off without them, but at least they remind us that our lives could be much worse.

5 Likes

What the hell is patriotic about not recognizing the U.S. government? Occupying and trashing a national monument? Letting a bunch of cattle starve?

You people aren’t patriots, you are nothing but big mouthed criminals. I would love to see every one of you in prison for the rest of your lives.

24 Likes

Is this the only thing that Michele Fiore has going for her or him in a reelection bid?

3 Likes

Send them to Gitmo?

2 Likes

Pointing weapons and threatening to shoot at law enforcement officers now makes you a “patriot” in the eyes of the GOP. If you are white.

And within that magical Constitution these idiots presented to the court, one can read this:

The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States.

This is Article IV, Section 3, Clause 2

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available