Discussion: NC GOP AG Candidate Tells HB2 Fans: 'Keep Our State Straight!' (VIDEO)

Plus the implication is they haven’t cared about their sons.

1 Like

What is the interest of the state itself in having a straight population? I don’t see it.

[“Go home, tell your friends and family who had to work today what this
is all about and how hard we must fight to keep our state straight,”
Newton told attendees."]

Oh…play those potty politics ‘Buck’! …and fu*k you!
(*Someone should send ‘Buck’ a truckload of dildos…just for him to use to relieve his tension. ___ Wonder if Ritzheimer has worn out all those he got at Malheur?)

1 Like

It has always been my hypothesis that the C.M. Mind feared male gays because said gay guy might not finf them attractive. Matching that, transgendered fits in as you say. Religions’ demand for sexual repression has led us nowhere good.

Anything with an “ick” factor! [edited to add 2nd comment]

Can someone help me out? I’m confused.

The laws on the books against sexual predation don’t stop sexual predators. But now that there’s a law about using the “wrong” bathroom, the predator says, “Oh, damn! Too risky! I’ll just have to be Mr. Nice guy from now on.”

How does that work?

6 Likes

If you get into the Conservative Male Mind, easy peasy. See, if ma wife is in the Little Girl’s Room (that’s what they call it), and a man walks in, she knows she’s at risk and has time to pull her gun and shoot da sucker. If a man-who-thinks-he’s-a-women is allowed to walk in, my wife will lose quick-draw time trying to figure out if he’s allowed to be in there. See, your LGBT people are making my wife a victim! [Now, brain bleach]

3 Likes

Possibly – all the old arguments about gays in the military were phrased in a way that involved queer soldiers being utterly unable to control their attraction to those hunky straight guys.

But I think that it might be more about rape culture. Traditional Men are used to pursuing women – sometimes with the woman’s consent, but always in the role of pursuer/predator. So the idea of a man behaving toward them the way they (want to) behave toward a woman is pretty scary to them. When you’re an assh*le, projection is a terrifying thing.

(I remember, back in the days when I largely hung out with gay men because so many of the straight men I knew were jerks, that it was at first a little disconcerting to realize I was being scoped. But then I took it as a moment of insight and moved on.)

4 Likes

How dare people try to change their state by doing something as underhanded as winning elections!

2 Likes

Better shut down NC School of the Arts. I mean, it’s one of the premiere arts universities in the nation and brings a lot of folks into your state that would not otherwise be caught dead there, but you know it’s riddled with homosexuality!

SHUT 'ER DOWN!!!

2 Likes

Not being male myself, I am certainly willing to consider this idea too. But I am still suspicious that it’s more ego and less fear from these Conservative Males in positions of power.

my guess is he doesn’t know any transgender people and got his ideas from movies like psycho and silence of the lambs.

And that isn’t the half of it. Consider someone born female who has undergone sex reassignment surgery and hormone therapy. This is a person who now has something resembling a penis, no breasts, and a beard. Do these legislators actually want this person to use the ladies’ room?

2 Likes

But that does not mean that we should expose our wives and our sisters
and our children to the sexual predators in the bathrooms.

So when can we expect the “No Republican legislators in bathroom bills” from the NC legislature?

1 Like

With a name like Buck Newton one has to wonder.

1 Like

The existential angst of the Conservative Male Mind lies in the fact that they are misogynistic jerks. That’s why they hate feminists, gay people, and now trans women. Because notice how they ONLY focus on trans women? Trans men are NEVER mentioned, not even once?

It all stems from their rampant misogyny, which is ingrained into their DNA. And their troglodyte mind cannot comprehend someone who would willingly give up their male privilege and life as one of those “lessers”.

2 Likes

Nope. Nor do they really want a woman with long hair, prominent breasts and a (surgically constructed) vagina using the men’s room. What they want is official approval for harassing or attacking women who don’t conform to their standards of femininity, under the ostensible claim that a women with short hair or non-tailored pants must really be a man.

3 Likes

Good! It’s about time we got rid of all the crooks in politics.

What’s that again? That’s not what he meant? Never mind.

This sounds a lot like the typical Republican line we have heard so often before, right before the speaker is caught with a male porstitute.

And that leads to the punch you can land on supporters of the legislation.

This law is a huge convenience for that [mythical?] male pervert wanting to invade the ladies room.

Before the law, he would have had to go in drag, something that most men would find very hard to do without turning into a giant, flashing, man-in-drag sign. With the new law, the [mythical?] male pervert can simply stroll into the ladies room as is. If challenged, they need only say that “the law requires that I use this restroom”.

The police can’t arrest him simply for being a male entering the ladies room – they must have probable cause to believe that the suspect is designated “male” on his/her birth certificate. In the courtroom, the prosecution can’t rely on pointing to a defendant who appears male, but must instead prove that the defendant’s birth certificate designated him as male. That will be delicious irony in the voter-ID states like North Carolina. How do they go about locating the birth certificate of a suspect who asserts 5th-amendment rights when asked any questions that would help investigators locate a birth certificate? How do prosecutors prove that that the BC presented in the court is the BC of the defendant? What prosecutor is going to waste time on such a case unless the person arrested has a prior record of sexual offenses?

4 Likes

@sherlock …Billy Graham lives in the in-grate state of NC.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available