Discussion: NC GOP AG Candidate Tells HB2 Fans: 'Keep Our State Straight!' (VIDEO)

Buck Newton’s fig leaf shredded by gay slang usage. “Straight”!!! Oh, snap, Miss Thang…

1 Like

We all know that the folks that wave the rainbow flags and things like that are politically very upset about the way things are today. They’re upsets about the way things have always been in this state," he said earlier in his remarks. “And they’re bound and determined to try to change it, whether it’s by winning elections in the city of Charlotte on their city council or whether it’s wining elections in November in the General Assembly or whether it’s winning elections in November for our governor.”

Take out rainbow flag and this could have been given in the 60s. Good to know they’ve made some progress.

3 Likes

It still might be code. In my circle of acquaintances, the word “straight” is usually followed by “to hell”.

2 Likes

Why?

One of the other “mothers” in my coop preschool was saying that, “sometimes things move faster than people are ready” after I made positive comments about where America is going. I was unsympathetic, telling her I didn’t care if it was too fast for her.

I will repeat my positive comments: America doesn’t care as much about who you love, and how you love, anymore. It’s your business!

Why keep NC straight? How does my sex affect you?

9 Likes

“But that does not mean that we should expose our wives and our sisters and our children to dangerous Black men.”

That’s what I was think of when I read it. And, as alliebean said, it reads straight out the 1960’s handbook of fearmongering.

10 Likes

How does my sex affect you?

No easier pickin’s during election season than ginning up fear of the other. Non-white, non-Chrsitian, non-cis… it’s all good for (literally) scaring up votes.

Hard to argue with a guy named “Buck,” eh ?

1 Like

Sad little man.

2 Likes

I think what’s unique about this issue is how many gay people have come out to their families, friends, and communities in recent years. You can easily demonize and discriminate against the scary unknown other. But gays are less and less other. It’s your mayor now, or the music director at the church, or your cousin. Sometimes it’s even you. But no matter who, you know perfectly well they aren’t demons. They’re people, people you know. Given that it takes a very indoctrinated person to keep discriminating, I think, but those people certainly do exist.

13 Likes

And please keep this neandertal out of government.

1 Like

“Buck served as an aide to Senator Jesse Helms on the Foreign Relations Committee in the U.S. Senate.”

Buck’s a real god-fearing homophobic racist, with no military service!
Buck must of been busy hating to serve his country!

2 Likes

Hate to tell you Bucky-boy, but your state is totally twisted. Totally.

1 Like

Hey! Don’t go around slandering Neanderthals!

2 Likes

I really wish they’d stop ‘worrying’ about their ‘wives and daughters’…there are STALLS in the ladies room…worry about yourselves, the damage you are inflicting on your state with your wilfull bigotness and reflect if ‘straight’ really means what you corrupt aholes ‘think’ it does.

2 Likes

“Now it’s been said that there are many, many, many, many more sexual predators on the sex offender list than there are transgender people,” he said. “And we can all feel sympathy for folks who are having difficult times, because we all know folks that have a difficult time, whether folks are struggling with drugs, are struggling with their marriages, figuring out what it is that they’re supposed to be doing in life. We can all have sympathy for that. But that does not mean that we should expose our wives and our sisters and our children to the sexual predators in the bathrooms.”

I saw what you did there. A$$#0le.

2 Likes

If the Buckster really wanted to keep the women and children safe he’d pass legislation to ban all public restrooms. Keep the women and children at home where it’s safe because it’s a man’s world dontcha know.

5 Likes

You have to understand how the “Conservative Male Mind” thinks to understand their fixation on potty protocol.
This quote is salient: “But that does not mean that we should expose our wives and our sisters and our children to the sexual predators in the bathrooms.”
What this REALLY MEANS is: “If I get a chance to dress up like a women and rape them in the bathroom, I will do it in a heartbeat. BUT, if “SHE” turns out to be a “HE” does that make me Gay?”
This is the existential angst of the “Conservative Male Mind” and why they react with such fury to the Transgendered.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Oh North Carolina! … You’re going “full retard”…never go “full retard.” Jeeeez’…5 million people, 20 surnames.

http://2s3ygp2ortkl67oy1kogvig4.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Screen-Shot-2016-03-26-at-7.14.54-PM.png

…and the birthplace of lung cancer! Welcome!

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available