Discussion: NC Elections Board Effectively Tosses Most Of McCrory's Ballot Protests

I was STUNNED. Thanks to the 49% of the nincompoops that voted either third part or stayed home. It’s going to be a rough long four years.

3 Likes

North Carolina dusting off their Plantations getting ready for slave labor again. These people will be doomed to hell for their hate generation after generation. they’r out in the open with the trumpet as President RESIST

2 Likes

My great uncle ran for Congress from western NC back in the 1930s. I have one of his campaign flyers (on the cover is his picture leaning on his airplane, and it says “Nationally known aviator, dentist, Democrat”).

When you read his positions, one of the big ones is cleaning up voter fraud due to dead people voting. Not sure what my point is, just interesting is all.

3 Likes

Well what other job provides him the opportunity to sit on his butt and not govern except when he wants to pander to the homophobes and religious nuts who elected him?

3 Likes

But McCrory is a Republican. Doesn’t that count for something?

2 Likes

That’s the thing. What power and wealth does the governorship bestow on this man that he is willing to humiliate himself to cling to it tooth and claw? In fact the whole Republican party seems to do the same, even as they claim Government is Bad (a neat excuse for doing a bad job of governing, no?).

This guy was some big CEO, with plenty of money. Is it that he’ll lose access to wealthier people he sucks up to? Will he get kicked out of the country club? What is that they crave so much that they are willing to step on hundreds of thousands of people just to stay in charge.

3 Likes

They would never award the election to somebody who didn’t have the most votes.”

Trump: What non-sense! Who cares who gets the most votes.

1 Like

"That will never happen,” he said, per the News and Observer. “They would never award the election to somebody who didn’t have the most votes.”

Tell that to the Electoral College

2 Likes

They crave the approval of the same elites they denounce. They haven’t figured out that the elites will never go for the fundie social crap (except as a means to get the rubes to the polls.)

1 Like

This virus should be destroyed.

2 Likes
The North Carolina state elections board on Monday directed county election boards to dismiss any ballot protests that questioned a voter's eligibility, effectively tossing most protests filed by Republicans.

I can live with that.

1 Like

[sad trombone]

Go sit on the potty in the sore loser bathroom, McCrory.

2 Likes

Neither did the Fourth Circuit. Judge Schroeder, who the Fourth Circuit reversed, on the other hand, bought it hook, line and sinker.

3 Likes

Duke Energy must be devastated. Don’t worry, Pat. Maybe they’ll hire you back.

1 Like

Duke Energy broke with their former employee during the anti-gay legislation brouhaha. Doubt they want their corporation associated with such an asshole.

1 Like

I am thoroughly confused by the ruling. Did they say that the eligibility “protests” don’t count unless they would affect the state-wide result? Isn’t that effectively the same as counting the protests?

Rule number one. Never Ever do anything to hurt collegiate sports in North Carolina. Taking those championship games away hurt big time. If you think Republican vs. Democratic rivalries are bad, think NC State, Carolina, and Duke rivalries.

McCrory has learned this the hard way. Good bye and good riddance to his potty bill. People of all kinds will now feel free to pee where ever it gives us comfort in North Carolina.

4 Likes

Yeah, someone tell Kellyanne about the sore loser cry babies in her Party. Mixed messages from the GOP to the world.

Yeah…he’s a Dubya appointee and therefore in on the game of trying to ram through judicial decisions that institutionalize the cooked-up excuses spoonfed to the GOP/Teatrolls in control of red states by fuckers like ALEC, Heritage, Judicial Watch, et al. I think “it’s not racism because it was politically motivated and just coincidentally happened to target minorities” was also tried in the TX cases before the 5th Circuit over their blatantly racist redistricting, wasn’t it? They’ve been itching to try that one for a long time and Roberts is just the type to help them with it given his views on affirmative action, etc. The idea that “it’s not racism if you’re targeting minorities because of the way they vote, not because of their race”, is fucking absurd, but I guarantee you the SCOTUS picks they ram through after destroying the filibuster are going to be itching for the chance to help make that the law.

Super-majority in the Legislature, and frankly, the Legislative leaders always hated “Mayor Pat” anyway. They rightly found him to be a freaking moron. It’s not like Roy Cooper is some sort of screaming radical (from THEIR perspective), anyway. 95% of the power is something they can live with.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available