Discussion: NBC News: Longtime DNC Officials Ousted Under Chairman Perez

It isn’t about Bernie vs. Hillary. It isn’t even about Trump vs. Hillary.

Last year is so last year.

What it is about is turning around an 8 year Democratic losing streak in which we lost the White House, Senate, Congress, Supreme Court, and 35 Governorships and 67 State Legislatures.

That is the bleeding we have to stop. And arguing about Bernie versus Hillary isn’t doing a damn thing to help.

2 Likes

Projection, thy name is maurizio689.

And that should be the emphasis—and it should make you happy.

2 Likes

Oh, come on. I don´t know what Devine´s motivation is - though I suspect it´s party unity - but the fact remains that Brazile sent the gist of at least a couple of questions, and didn´t do the same to the Sanders campaign. One can downplay it, or minimize it, but Devine´s generalized mollifying words don´t change the facts as they have been reported

1 Like

Sanders would have been a worse choice than Kaine. A wise VP Choice is someone who can help you win, and can be next in-line in 8 years. Had Bill Clinton not been a sex maniac in the Oval Office, Al Gore would have been elected easily. (Of course, Gore’s choice of Joe Lieberman was a terrible VP Pick.)

1 Like

I offered evidence from the Sanders campaign. You rejected it and offer instead assertions with no evidence. I can do no more for you. Do svidaniya.

4 Likes

The four people named in the article are but four out of 75 seats being filled. Out of 75, about 10 either are currently or are past registered lobbyists. A number of the folks Keith Ellison recommended were placed in these seats. This is shit-stirring by NBC.

It doubles millennial and Native American representation. Also increases Puerto Rican at-large membership. In a statement to NBC News, Karthik Ganapathy, a spokesperson for Ellison, said, “Keith suggested names for D.N.C. at-large membership and committees. Some were selected and some were not. In the end, the selections are the prerogative of the chair.”

7 Likes

Is that damn rabies acting up again @squirreltown?

:grin:

3 Likes

It means that too many bad apples spoils the juice. Time for them to go.

1 Like

and factor in the 1-2% of the voters who openly admit they won’t vote for a woman.

He’s still inflated, still doesn’t see or admit he was part of the problem. A tool.

1 Like

I am still getting letters of solicitation from Bernie. I am a Democrat , he is not. Why is he reaching for my money?

1 Like

So the establishment Democrats still want to be the GOP lite party, and to piss off the Bernie wing to boot. Worked so well in 2016. Look for 8 years of President Trump.

So much for unity, working together and moving forward. Obama’s picked man at the DNC (Do Nothing Central) was the perfect choice of a zero. And waiting for 11 months for another Night of Long Knives only gives aid and comfort to the Government of Wolves that has plagued America for the last 272 days and counting.
If this is “The loyal opposition” then Americans had best brace themselves, because there are exactly 382 days until the 2018 elections, which “democrats” stand to lose, and after that, only 806 days until January 20, 2021.
Whether or not any bit of America or the entire world we recognize will remain by the time the latter date comes to pass is a much more daunting prospect every day.

JFC. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but the hate and invective that some Bernie supporters engaged in during and after the primaries makes no sense to me. The policy differences between Hillary and “true progressives” are miniscule compared to the differences between GOP and Hillary. The Democratic Party has a lot of work to do to get electoral representation to match its popular support.

But there is one lesson that we can learn from Trump. All the #NeverTrump types showed they are the same species of scum as Trump himself by aligning with him to win their elections. At some point, you have to win an election to turn your principles into policy.

2 Likes

My post did not claim to have inside knowledge of the DNC. Only you said that.

So exactly what part of my post is “horseshit?”

The part I quoted, dear.

I understand that you disagree. Condescension (e.g. “dear”) will get you nowhere. While not knowing about the inner workings of the DNC:

There goes the required progressive transformation necessary to win elections. Same old same old.

At this point, the party doesn’t seem to be paying much attention to what large chunks of their own membership want, let alone what Americans as a whole want in their political leaders; opening up the primaries would (hopefully) have the effect of helping them to focus back on what is important to the electorate. (If you don’t offer voters what they’re looking for, they’re unlikely to vote for your candidate. If they don’t vote for your candidate, they don’t get elected, and you lose the opportunity and the power to shape policy.)

As for instant runoff voting, that too would give the party a lot more information on what voters are actually looking for, while also giving voters a way to express their desires without having to sacrifice their vote in order to do it.

I’ve seen a lot of people–members (or now former members)–who are really disillusioned with the party, and feel both ignored and powerless. That’s not a recipe for success, especially when you add in the part where the party makes up around 25% of voters as a whole, and HAS to have the entire party plus over half the independents in order to win an election.

Please. Not what I said, and you know that.

Ignoring “identity politics” is a mistake. That’s what I said. And you don’t have to look very far to see the very people who are affected by “identity politics” telling the rest of us that our lack of concern about what they view as basic human rights is pushing them away.

We do both. We always have to do both-- we have to focus on the economy AND the “identity politics” because we aren’t getting anywhere without them.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available