Discussion: Memo Contradicts Wilbur Ross' Reason For Adding Census Citizenship Question

I know just the place.

9 Likes

I cannot believe that Ross’s role running the Bank of Cyprus hasn’t already been investigated.

10 Likes

I am guessing it is a part of the fun house ride that is the investigation into the Trump administration.

3 Likes

I sure hope so.

3 Likes

“Executive branch officials discussing important issues prior to formulating policy is evidence of good government, and the Secretary’s previous testimony before Congress is consistent with that fact.”

So Reps think interdepartmental lying and collusion is ‘good government?’

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I had heard the discussion on counting citizens instead of residents in the area where there are prisons. Even though prisoners don’t get to vote they should be accounted for since they are residing within a Congressional district and federal/state monies are used to keep them there.
I wonder what those living in less immigrant infested waters would gain?( this is me being snarky) What help are they not getting that they think they should be getting?

1 Like

IOKIYAR

3 Likes

This is why Republicans are so afraid that Democrats will gain control of one or both houses.

2 Likes

Don’t know if it satisfies the elements of fraud (the losers in the transaction weren’t parties to the conversation, and the misleading came later), but two counts (at least) of lying to Congress (perjury, if under oath, but a felony either way) look like slam dunks. Caveat: IANLAL, praise be to the FSM.

3 Likes

I’m fairly confident that Mueller is all over that, and it will be coming out sooner than later. There are a lot of dots to connect when so much money is flowing between so many oligarchs, billionaires, banks, offshore holdings, real estate, laundering schemes, and crass, grifting enablers like Ross and Trump.

That’s what I was referring to with “conflict holdings”. And yes, the mere fact that isn’t itself a full-throated investigation is unbelievable. The guy has his hands in dirty money all over the world, and is running our Commerce Department. Talk about the fox running the henhouse… or the lunatics running the asylum. Either way, not good for the rest of us.

It feels like an international mob takeover of our government and economy. Has probably been ongoing for quite some time, but this is the most blatant I’ve ever seen it.

Oh the irony of that choice… When you consider the racist/slave owning roots of the SPB’s author, and the “missing stanza” that was basically tossing a racist screw you to the freed/runaway slaves who fought against their former masters… yeah.

They say history is written by the victors. Ours certainly was. It doesn’t take much to demonize a distant king. Yes, George was a mad king, over-taxed the colonies (not just ours), suffered royal hubris, etc. But Britain was also against slavery. And was trying to end it in the colonies.

Short version of that history: it was slavers that revolted and formed their own country. Most of the “revered founding fathers” were slaveholders. In order to finally wrest control from them required a bloody civil war. That’s our true history. And that fight, obviously, still continues to this day…

[ETA] So, yeah. Asking a black man to proudly stand for a song that was written to reinforce the slaver’s ideals isn’t exactly a winning idea.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available