Discussion: Melania Trump Makes Surprise Visit To US-Mexico Border

And this will be the tag line on each and every story about Melania Trump.

Melania was seen looking at children ripped from their mothers arms, She did wear a very nice outfit, however.

Melania Trump was seen exiting a Mexican restaurant in D.C. last, She did wear a very nice outfit,

Melania was seen at Trump International Hotel in D.C. entering the Third Wives’ Club luncheon, She did wear a very nice outfit,

4 Likes

So they can do spur of the moment tours for a photo op with the first lady, but not for actual elected officials seeking to fulfill their designated role of providing oversight. Uh-huh.

1 Like

We are so fortunate to have Charles Blow’s writings in our public discourse. A great American. I wish I could write like that. He’s so good at what he does. He knows just how to get at the heart of any issue and on this one…he’s completely accurate as usual.

3 Likes

Well, even that isn’t true. Apparently none of the children Melania met or talked about were kids who have been separated from their parents. NOT ONE. She only visited a facility where older kids had come unaccompanied across the border.

2 Likes

Se mejor.

1 Like

“She did wear a very nice outfit, however.”

Being that Melania was raised in communist country she would know a thing or two about a Potemkin Village.

I know I’m going against the grain here but I’m willing to cut her some slack. A lot of people were demanding she make a statement. She made a statement. She went to the facility of her own volition and I think for her own motives and not the White House’s. Should she be showered with praise? Absolutely not. She’s doing the bare minimum but I’m not sure what else she is realistically expected to do.

Yep…giant photo-op-tastic political PR-stunt:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/21/first-lady-melania-trump-visits-child-detention-center-in-texas-amid-controversy-over-family-separation-policy.html

She apparently chose a very nice facility where they’re not being kept in cages like animals.

As for “unannounced” or “surprise”…how did they know to have a big flag on the wall that says “Welcome First Lady”???

3 Likes

She’s on her way back to DC? Guess the Christian Louboutin’s weren’t up to the task.

1 Like

Some (majority?) of GOP are complicit or funded by Russian $$ via fronts like the NRA. And/or want more out of tRump before he leaves. Either way they are complicit and remain dangerous to our democracy.

1 Like

I would give her credit for this visit if she had made it a serious, fact-finding mission or if she had made a point to actually see or talk to kids who were separated from their parents. She did neither of these.

1 Like

Will she throw paper towels to the kids?

Why is Melania going to Texas? I’m ashamed if our technology isn’t good enough that we can spare Our First Lady the heat, humidity, dust, sweaty children, etc of this photo op.

What good is modern science if we can’t recreate Melania with CGI and Andy Serkis?

Heck of a job Melania…

1 Like

OH, FFS…

8 Likes

In the state-sponsored child abuse department: where are the girls? Where are the babies and toddlers?

2 Likes

Myself…l’d use stronger language…

1 Like

I hope you are referring to Ms. Grisham.

1 Like

Well yes - sorry if it was confusing. I didn’t mean you.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available