Discussion: McMaster Brushes Off Question On Reports He's Leaving Administration

I assume he slid by with gentleman’s Cs like Dubya but it’s hard to believe you could go through Yale or Penn without doing some reading. When he was 40 he could speak in multi-clause sentences and sounded like an educated lout. I suppose that was possible because of a certain level of exposure to supraloutal language use.

4 Likes

Some of the Warts were challenged. I hear that he was a mediocre student but haven’t heard that he was at the bottom of that barrel. I graduated from Penn a year ahead and from a different College, Arts and Sciences. It was widely understood that A and S students were often more talented than most of the Warts.

1 Like

I’ll give you the last laugh, maybe. Ari’s Fall back Friday: Tucker Carlson said that teachers can’t have sex with students, so they shouldn’t be able to talk about guns with them either.

:open_mouth: :laughing:

5 Likes

It is a party around here when you are in an up mood.

1 Like

What logic! /s

1 Like

Why does every one seem to think that a “limited nuclear war” will be just that. I expect the first real nuclear exchange will escalate rapidly into a nuclear furball. The moment we launch, the world as a whole goes to war.

wiki:

Carlson was born in San Francisco, California, the elder son of Richard Warner Carlson, a former Los Angeles news anchor and U.S. ambassador to the Seychelles, who was also president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and director of Voice of America. His mother is the former Lisa McNear Lombardi,[4] and his stepmother is the former Patricia Caroline Swanson, an heiress to the Swanson frozen-food fortune (daughter of Gilbert Carl Swanson and granddaughter of Carl A. Swanson) and a niece of Senator J. William Fulbright.[5]

That’s just sad. Geez, Tucker. Maybe you should have gone into the teevee dinner business.

1 Like

Meanwhile…

Sec of Treasury "Mnuchin was sworn in on Feb. 13, 2017, which means he’s spent $2,507.42 per day since then on airfare. That’s just barely less than it would have cost him to book a last-minute first-class weekend round-trip flight from New York to Los Angeles and back every day. You almost have to admire it! "

1 Like

I enjoyed the info and your suggestion to him. Carlson’s association of guns and sex is weird. S and M?

Tucker is conflicted. We always liked him, although we didn’t agree with him. When republicans were riding high, it was a safe place. But he went to Fox after some pretty huge upheavals. Now, republicans aren’t doing as well. At All.

Hard to badmouth democrats when the Trump White House is unraveling.

I think she knows things. She would have to. What spouse wouldn’t? And, unlike state court, spousal privilege belongs only to the witness, not the party in federal court. Trammel v. United States,
445 U.S. 40 (1980).

8 Likes

With all the brushing off going on,the WH may want to hire a permanant valet to help out.

1 Like

My cat is famous for his nuclear furballs.

3 Likes

OT

Talk about shitty…

5 Likes

Well, limited by the number of nuclear weapons the other country has.

I forget where I saw the theory today, but it seems to be a “divorce of convenience” intended to protect as much of their assets as possible, in case Jr. is charged and convicted, or at least she and kids would be comfortably set. Presumably a good criminal defense attorney would have more experience with that. Can’t see the divorce being ugly, hell, they seem practically cheerful about it.

3 Likes

have ZERO confidence or respect for these three generals on Trump staff. These generals believe their own PR unfortunately

Come on. What do they need an egghead with a PhD in American history for?

he knows, how to operate the VCR ?

1 Like

And he was supposed to be the adult in the room.

Tucker Carlson listens to himself say that:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available