Discussion: McConnell Threatens To Hold Kavanaugh Hearing Right Before Midterms

Don’t get McConnell’s strategy. It seems that he would be delaying the hearing until just before the election which would hurt his side.

7 Likes

Why is the Majority Leader threatening the country?

5 Likes

McConnell hasn’t forgotten, he’s just an asshole who thinks turnabout isn’t fair play.

9 Likes

McConnell is probably right. Kavanaugh is going to sit on that Court. He’s going to be confirmed. If he’s seated in October there’s time enough for him to show who he really is before the elections. he’s going to lie through his teeth during the conformation but show his ass soon after he takes a seat on the Court. That is all the Democrats have working for them. Just get it over. And don’t take Mitch’s bait. He’s mouthing the obstruction ting just to goad the Democrats. Leave it alone. It’s bullshit so treat it as such.

Let this puke take his seat. Spend energy on more doable things…like the long shot at a House majority. get that and Trump is done.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t he schedule it so that Putin can observe?
That will really own the libs—you can trust me on that one.

3 Likes

McConnell consistently tries to be the ultimate political pig.

5 Likes

I never, ever, thought I’d have a use for Journey, but it seems to fit your comment :relaxed:

4 Likes

BINGO

Piss me off. In my case would not get me out to vote as I already will be doing that. Also I am planning and ready to skip every ® canidate.

3 Likes

Steve Perry did have a great voice.

6 Likes

If the public doesn’t see Dems fighting for them, then why would they vote for us?

Win or lose, fighting Kavanagh’s appointment is good PR and motivates people who want to fight Trump and his GOP to vote for us.

13 Likes

I hear you, though I’m more of a Meatloaf fan myself. It probably depends on what song was drilled into one’s ear in the cafeteria, junior year.

3 Likes

Then let’s turn him into the ultimate political bacon.

6 Likes

[quote=“imkmu3, post:8, topic:75073, full:true”]
Karma.Bitch.
[/quote]Karma is a beautiful lady.
I’m a bitch :wink:
But I might get better with a few Mueller indictments.

1 Like

Yep. Please proceed.

4 Likes

I feel like this nomination is in more trouble than we realize. McConnell was supposed to get this thing done in August. Now he appears to be conceding that he will have to push it until October? Just a little push more and we get it past the midterms and get people to vote to protect Roe v Wade, Obamacare and a host of other things.

16 Likes

Naaaah.

“We have a constitutional responsibility to do a thorough and fair hearing,” said Grassley.

Too bad Merrick Garland didn’t get one.

7 Likes

The notion is that Judiciary hearings in the news right before the election will spook vulnerable Red State Dem senators because that topic will drive health care, tariff job losses, etc. off the radar.

Is that true?

“Do it, bitch.” is exactly what I said when I read the article. Great minds and all that…

11 Likes

Agree. Fire up the smoker!!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available