Discussion: McConnell: 'I Don't Know How We Get To 50' Senate Votes To Pass ACA Repeal

A “Charlie Fox,” as we used to call it in the military.

5 Likes

Old White low information people found to generally inhabit southern and mid-western states

2 Likes

It ain’t happening. There are simply too many Republicans in the Senate who have much bigger aspirations than spending the rest of their lives in the minority in the Senate. It’s as simple as that. He can’t twist their arms or make threats because he has nothing to offer them nor does he have the ability to hurt most of them politically. He can’t threaten to campaign against them because for most that would be a blessing. Same with PP. And party loyalty? That shit’s for the House. He’s got nothing.

14 Likes

Change it to be something worth a damn for a lot of citizens instead of a slap in the face?

4 Likes

Racists who think that benefit cuts only applies to black people, not THEIR benefits.

9 Likes

Mitch is as personally ugly as his politics.

5 Likes

Mitch is from Kentucky.
KY is a very poor state, especially in the east.
Religion rules, education is poor.
Push the right buttons per religion, nationalism, ethnic resentment and sadly, voters can be manipulated.Even convinced to vote against (quite blatantly against) their own best interest.
My Dad came from Pike County. Grandpa died of black lung, my uncle died of black lung. Good people, really. Incredibly sad. They live in their own world.

9 Likes

To say nothing of the KStreet hotline in the Senators’ ears.

2 Likes

What a totally loathsome human being Mitch McConnell is.

4 Likes

His base WANTS him to abuse his powers. They don’t see that as a negative.

4 Likes

A number of the GOP flock simply despise Trump. Cruz, McCain, Graham. There must be others. There’s no eagerness to give him some legislative legacy.

1 Like

They’re gonna be plenty surprised when their own premiums skyrocket - few employers pay 100% of their employees’ healthcare these days and premiums are going waaay up because of the instability of the market - and just wait 'til granny gets booted from the nursing home and is now sleeping on the couch in the doublewide!

8 Likes

Mitch is crying crocodile tears, I don’t trust this for a millisecond. If he can find some way to cram this through, he will.

5 Likes

Maybe you should just quit.

2 Likes

So. The goal is not 51 votes, a bare majority of the Senate. Instead, the goal is 50 votes - half the Senate plus Pence to get to 51.

It’s rare for a Senate majority leader to admit upfront that he doesn’t even expect to get his whole party on board, but plans to use the VP instead.

I really hope the chinless wonder drowns in his own wattles before it comes to a vote. On the other hand, there might be more schadenfreudey joy in seeing the vile old hater defeated in his next re-elect bid - if we didn’t have to wait until 2020.

4 Likes

Deplorables

3 Likes

McConnell now being forced into leading which was something he was never qualified for

4 Likes

he does not plan to work with congressional Democrats to advance his legislative agenda.

Hey, at least he is discarding the Broderism facade of “we want to be bipartisan” schtick this anti-American fucker has peddled for decades.

4 Likes

Watch that broad brush there.

What about pale evangelical fantasists with delusions of entitled superiority but too lazy to show their self-proclaimed wisdom by paying attention so they vote for someone who fuels their internal insecurities on one side and gives them pablum to assuage their anxieties that happen to be of the pale persuasion.

(I could go on but the punctuation fails me at the moment)

(Oh, and if I made any English Comp Majors flinch over a poorly constructed run on sentence, so bit it! There are always casualties)

2 Likes

I don’t believe Mitch for one Kentucky second! He is hoping to get people to drop their guard. Until he is gone, you can not trust him. Ever. Period.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available