Discussion: McConnell Convenes Hours-Long Strategy Session To Prepare For Kavanaugh Battle

Mark Judge must be sworn in to answer questions. (Repeat as necessary.)

15 Likes

You might think that Congress would convene a strategy session to ensure adequate oversight.

18 Likes

McConnell Convenes Hours-Long Strategy Session To Get Rapist On Court

FIFY

24 Likes

Open wide everyone
They are going to ram it down our throats.

6 Likes

Pick whatever the most dickish move imaginable is and that’s what McConnell will do.

16 Likes

Is McConnell’s Taiwanese shipping monopoly to the US wife also helping another rapist to get onto the Supreme Court? Elaine Chao loves Republicans in the US for one reason…they keep her family’s Taiwanese shipping company in monopoly control over US imported goods from the island nation costing working class Americans billions in elevated shipping costs.

The DoJ should be investigating McConnell and the Chao family.

12 Likes

The Republicans have decided hill Kavanaugh is a take it or die political position.

Just a guess on my part, but they might wish they had not decided that when said and done.

7 Likes

And offer him a few stiff drinks before his testimony.

3 Likes

It’s Tuesday, Mitch. You have about 27 days in the Senate before midterms, yet you are still trying to ram this guy through? Shouldn’t you be revisiting Trump’s Federalist Judge List and fast-tracking a different nominee before Christmas. It’s almost like Trump set this missile on Opus Dei autopilot and only occasionally bothers to weigh in on its progress and trajectory. For the Senate, business as usual.

4 Likes

Mitch McConnell is in for a long, long week. And every bit of sleazy action he engages (which will of course be ALL OF IT) drives more rightly-enraged women and allies to the polls in November.

11 Likes

I stand by my prediction that Mark Judge can get Kavanaugh out of this by testifying under oath that he’s done a lot of soul searching – and now he remembers the party, he recalls pulling a guy off a young girl: but it wasn’t Kavanaugh.

There are a LOT of private investigators making phone calls to Bethesda folks of a certain age.

Which brings up one more possibility that terrifies the Rs – Julia Louis-Dreyfuss. She graduated from Holton-Arms in 1979, not many years before the Kavanaugh incident. She’s signed a letter supporting Ford. She’s enormously popular – Seinfeld, Veep – and takes this waaaay past the politically-aware folks who actually care that much about a 5th vote on the SCOTUS.

If she gets pissed off enough, she could pay for her own video, instantly viral, looking right into the camera: “I went to the same school as Crissy Blasey. We had friends in common. I believe her, because…”

21 Likes
  1. I think the proper word choice here isn’t placate, it’s appease.
  2. Good time for ol’ Mitch to have that massive stroke he’s been saving up for.
4 Likes

He and Trump deserve each other. Completely different people. But both vile, worthless human beings deserving of the worst that comes their way.

5 Likes

I’d be willing to bet he has no memory of that event due to too much drinking, not time. Although he probably does remember doing similar at a lot of other parties.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she’s not already doing something like this. She’s a feisty gal and would hit a lot of buttons.

4 Likes

Jowls McConnell is at it again.

1 Like

You know, I ordinarily wouldn’t wish anyone ill, but I am willing to make an exception in Yertle’s case.

4 Likes

The dye is cast on this one.

So many political commentators failed to note the reason for the rush to confirm Kavanaugh. It has always been about GOP insecurity about holding the Senate. If the GOP were to lose the Senate, the Court would remain at 4-4 for the rest of this term, which means that it would be a lean Dem court in effect.

Now, however, Kavanaugh is likely the cause for the GOP’s chances of holding the Senate dropping below 50%. In Missouri, in particular, the Kavanaugh allegations so closely resemble the conduct of Greitens that it damages Josh Hawley and helps Claire McCaskill. Every female voter in MO knows that Hawley would not blink an eye at confirming Kavanaugh but that McCaskill would likely vote no. That means something to female voters. In addition, Greitens was unable to function as governor. How likely is it that Kavanaugh could function as a SCOTUS judge, sitting in judgment of women while he parties it up and abuses women on the side? It’s also possible that Heitkamp may also benefit for similar reasons.

Mitch knows this. Mitch also knows he has a weak candidate in TN, a meh candidate in AZ, a damaged candidate in NV, a limp dick candidate in Cruz and a corrupt candidate in FL who is being effectively called out as such by Bill Nelson. He knows that keeping Kavanaugh in probably costs him the Senate. Mitch is now going through his various phases of denial, anger, realization and acceptance. I do not believe Kavanaugh will make it to that hearing date. It’s possible, but the laws of politics dictate otherwise. My underlying assumption is that if push were to come to shove, Mitch prefers staying as majority leader with a 4-4 court to being a minority leader with a 5-4 court.

The other thing that I should note (but didn’t in my first draft) is that Mitch doesn’t have 50 votes in the US Senate for Kavanaugh’s confirmation. It isn’t just Murkowsi and Collins. It’s all the people that Jeff Flake is running cover for. GOP Senators know how toxic Kavanaugh is from the standpoint of winning female voters. Many would prefer not to have a vote at all. They, too, would rather stay in the Senate than sacrifice their seats for a 5-4 court. Again, the laws of politics are at play here. What is clear is that within the GOP caucus there is an understanding that Kavanaugh has already hurt them badly among female voters and whatever projections they have for the House/Senate will probably move even further towards the Democrats.

42 Likes

So McConnell and the Republicans insisted that Minn. Senator Al Franken resign his elected Senate seat for being accused of inappropriate contact (uninvited kiss and asking for dinner dates) with women…unproven allegations still and from decades ago. But with their own guy who tried ripping clothes off a 15 year old and raping her…they spend hours trying to help him pull off the 2nd SCOTUS judge lie of the century…they did a masterful job for Clarence Thomas.

Kavanaugh should be removed from the Federal appleate court…Clarence Thomas should be impeached from the SCOTUS .

Time for Kavanaugh’s superior and far more qualified judge Merit Garland to be appointed to the Supreme Court. Come on Schumer…get out and lay it out. Make the demands and show the American people that Democrats have a spine!

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available