Discussion: McCaskill’s Plane Problems Continue As Conservative Watchdog Requests Probe

And snark is certainly appreciated here. Perhaps we should encourage the use of the \s tag.

1 Like

Agreed. TPM also needs to add an eyeroll emoji too.

2 Likes

I certainly hope not. Franken has been vociferously fighting the right-wing personally since the 1990’s with his writing. Not really in his character to just give up. I suspect that his resignation had more to do with being persuaded by his colleagues that he would be a political liability for his caucus and constituents and he selflessly didn’t want to put everybody (including his family) through the wringer. If anything, I hope that he continues to call out the right-wing even more ferociously now that he is, unfortunately, no longer a public official.

Yes, I’m sure you’re right on that. So sad he was targeted.

I guess I was thinking that the ensuing absurdities and distraction of the baseless charges litigated in the media and resurrected daily by the RWNJ press would take all the oxygen out of his legitimate efforts to govern in the interest of the country.

I wish there were a better way to deflect the ratfucking that seems to be Republicans’ favorite political tactic.

1 Like

Anybody who knows anything about the economics of owning a small aircraft knows that she is highly likely speaking truth when she says that their costs of ownership exceeded any revenue from chartering it out. Anybody doing this is hoping, at best, to offset some portion of their fixed costs, before flying even one minute or one mile, of ownership.

Me too. I’m sure that Franken was targeted specifically because of his grilling of Sessions that led to his recusal in the Russia probe. I support the #Metoo movement but, crass jokes aside, I never really thought that the allegations towards Franken amounted to much of anything, let alone a reason for him to resign his Senate seat. While I don’t want to see our party leadership come to embrace candidates with past (and present) behaviors of somebody like Donald Trump, I feel that we need to take a more calculated and measured approach to handling allegations of impropriety by members of our Party and avoid being too eager to throw members overboard at the first sign of “trouble”. Republicans keep doing what they’re doing because they know it works and that Democrats will usually get rid of Republicans targets for them as long as they make enough noise. They have some Democrats practically ready to throw Nancy Pelosi overboard just because Republicans hate her so much. :-/

1 Like

Agree with everything you say. Man, and I was having a good day, but thinking about that whole fiasco bums me out all over again. Once Al saw that not only were the Republicans ratfucking him, but his own party was throwing him overboard, he really had no support to lean on. He was betrayed by his own party for being a raunchy comedian 10 years ago.

Sigh.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available