Discussion: McCain Says Trump Admin Isn't Being Upfront With Congress On Niger Attack

“Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully.”

― Samuel Johnson, The Life of Samuel Johnson LL.D. Vol 3

(And frees him from fear of reprisal.)

26 Likes

42 Likes

Nice to see the old version of McCain back, just like before the pre2000 castration. I suppose death’s door has a way of waking a person up.

9 Likes

Maybe it’s time for eight hundred investigations on the subject? I was assured that the eight hundred and twelve Benghazi investigations were just about getting the truth.

35 Likes

Trey Gowdy will be all over this with hearings in no time, I’m sure.

17 Likes

I smell a megaton fuckup resulting from the moron playing a Reality TV macho-man war game. In Niger. And in Yemen.

27 Likes

Rhetorical?

5 Likes

The look but not the talent.

23 Likes

I am Spartacus! :smiley:

11 Likes

Don’t hang by the neck, waiting for that

1 Like

Shades of Bengazi.

4 Likes

Indications are that U.S. troops were/are doing joint operations with mercenaries in Niger. Why? On what authority? Are the mercs calling the shots? Why was Johnson’s body left behind for almost 48 hours? Trump’s cadre of generals might not want to answer for their decisions and actions. “Unleashing the military” is what he calls it, right?

25 Likes

McCain popping up like this tells me he has something going in the wind. It did not make much sense otherwise unless he is cheap enough to use it to gouge Trump.

15 Likes

What is the exit strategy for this war?

Republicans? Hello? Hello?

[quote]Do we have a clear attainable objective?

Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?

Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?

Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?

• Colin Powell[/quote]
8 Likes

Everybody must get stoned.

8 Likes

Another poster suggested that the lag in obtaining Johnson’s body combined with the the wife being told that it should be a closed casket ceremony raises the possibility that he was captured alive and tortured. And that this would explain Trump’s unwillingness to comment on the incident and his current attempt to distract.

This should be checked out.

We may have a situation where lives were unnecessarily lost.

25 Likes

I thought this week he was showing his fiscal conservative side by checking agency and agency head’s travel expenditures? Can Trey or any other Republican multi task?

4 Likes

YES - many incongruous elements - clearly key pieces of information are missing .
… and 3 bodies are found - but Johnson’s body left behind for almost 48 hours? and found in a different location - what the HELL was going on? This does not match up to a basic “ambush” of forces - on a ‘routine’ assignment.

23 Likes

Grassley is focused like a laser on investigating Obama and Clinton for selling our uranium to Russia. Wish this was a joke but it is the gods truth.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available