Discussion: Local Fox Station Edits Protest Footage To Sound Like 'Kill A Cop'

And people still watch FOX.

4 Likes

Not getting the outrage you want? Simply manufacture it. It’s the conservative and Fox News way.

21 Likes

Just more of the usual “Fair and Balanced”.
Different American Day, same Fox Bullshit.

3 Likes

So my suggestion is, stop studying it. Ignore it and pay attention to our own agenda.

2 Likes

This is what “conservative” and their lying propagandist scum do.

13 Likes

Exactly, they’re trying to link police deaths with protesters in their viewers’ minds.

7 Likes

Honestly, isn’t there some sort of FCC violation going on here? Crikey, this is far worse than a wardrobe malfunction that caused such a hoopla among Fox viewers 10 years back.

10 Likes

There are little to no regulations for TV News regarding “truth”. Look at what NBC did, edited a tape to make it look like George Zimmerman said “he looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black”, when he said no such thing. Totally edited, just like this one. The entire media is a joke (FOX the worst, MSNBC a distant but definite second) and just puts on stuff that will create controversy and sell.

1 Like

Great. Now I’m going to be arguing with nutjobs who will insist that the protesters all want to kill cops, and even if I can get them to actually watch the clip with their own eyes, at best they’ll insist that that’s besides the point because lots of other protesters really did want to kill cops. That’s the way biased people always work. You can debunk each and every one of their stories, yet they’ll continue to believe the greater truth proves they’re right, even if they can’t find any evidence to support it. They just have a general idea that it exists and that’s good enough for them.

You can’t put the toothpaste back into these sort of tubes.

15 Likes

Watch Fox Not the News either ignore this, throw the Baltimore affiliate under the bus for airing the fever dream they have been having since 2008 or howl that “the lamestream media does it too!”

And where’s Benghazi?

1 Like

If not, there should be.
Perhaps if there was more laws against this type of behavior, it would curb this type of unethical action by these news teams.

3 Likes

Precisely…as I like to say it: you can’t put the shit back in the dog.*

That is 100% why they did it. It was deliberate and knowing and they fully and completely intended it to become a deeply embedded point of misinformation and a rallying cry for racist Amurikkka.

• Altho, sometimes the dog will do that for you by eating it.
8 Likes

This isn’t FoxNews.

This is an over-the-airwaves broadcaster with a license from the FCC.

This bunch of witless goons needs to be reported to the FCC with a request to revoke their broadcast license.

This kind of behavior should never be accepted and anyone who is willing to let it slide is complicit in the execrable behavior this represents.

13 Likes

Bullshit, which is all we expect from you.

Where’s the proof to support your accusation against NBC News?

And there is no comparison between Fox and MSNBC—none at all.

But since you deal in false equivalence and thick-witted misinterpretation of facts, we don’t expect you to post anything factual.

14 Likes

This qualifies as pretty fucking outrageous.

In fact, this is letter to the FCC outrageous, as in why should a station who does this, AND REFUSES A RETRACTION OR CORRECTION should hold a license. .

7 Likes

I quoted the line about how a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is just putting it’s shoes on. They rely on that; the misinformation is already out there and was already being retold before I finally learned of the deliberate deceit. Mission accomplished.

4 Likes

Nobody tells them any better.

No, if it’s addressed it will be stated that some folks heard protestors say…

The local affiliates aren’t always as bad, there is a wide range. It appears that in Baltimore they might even be worse.

1 Like

Some folks = Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available