Discussion: Lawyer Arguing Against Obamacare: Statute Written By White Women And Minorities

And there you have it…this is the party of Lincoln.

The law can’t be valid because it was written by them brown people and them wimminz.

I’m guessing that was his way of impressing Scalia.

44 Likes

Sez the rich white guy…next

So?

And is this man incoherent?

3 Likes

Carvin, you know you said that out loud, right? We can hear you.

40 Likes

Everybody knows that the women and minorities are just slackers looking for a free ride. Women are giving birth to the minority babies just to get that sweet, sweet welfare. Just like the skirts on the Court, affirmative action all of them. They are not as smart as men or as strong or as virile. . . Get a jerb, moochers. Carvin said behind the clubroom door.

16 Likes

Carvin argued that the difference between this lawsuit and the one in 2012 is that unlike the 2012 challenge, the argument on Wednesday is on “a statute that was written three years ago, not by dead white men but by living white women and minorities.”

That’s a bizarre statement on a number of levels. The Obamacare statute was written by minorities, women (of all races), and plenty of white men, some who are even dead. What he’s really saying is, “Obamacare was written by sub-humans and should therefore be dismissed.”

59 Likes

This guy is a serious tool.

3 Likes

That is a fivehead.

24 Likes

Frasier Cranium.

22 Likes

The idea of corporations has “grown and evolved” from its constitutional meaning (which was minuscule). The idea of copyright and so-called “intellectual property” has grown from its constitutional meaning.

If there is one thing consistent about today’s conservatives it is that there isn’t one consistent philosophy. Calling them “fiscally conservative” or orginalists when it comes to the Constitution is a joke. They’re “philosophy” goes to the highest bidder.

13 Likes

Were the republican amendments to the ACA all written by Allen West?
http://rsc.flores.house.gov/uploadedfiles/gop_amendments_submitted_to_hr_4872--8.31.10.pdf

6 Likes

Michael Carvin is dog-whistling his darndest. Problem is, he’s doing it to a herd of cats :smirk_cat:

9 Likes

They just can’t help themselves.
The Racism and Misogyny just drips from their lips whenever they are given any kind of platform no matter how hard they try to disguise it.

28 Likes

Didn’t Emerson say consistency “is the hobgoblin of little minds?”

The crux of conservatism is to end discussions, not engage in them.

6 Likes

These people are filth. They are truly, truly disgusting examples of what happens when people never evolve. They are pond scum, the lowest of the low. They don’t care one iota about the wellbeing of average Americans. It’s only “me me me and screw the lot of you”. Absolutely sickening. What has this country come to?

15 Likes

Actually, he said a foolish consistency is. But to your larger point, bingo.

7 Likes

Wow, this guy is going deeeeep original intent here. You know, back to the days when women weren’t even allowed to vote, let alone write statutes. And minorities? They were worth 3/5 of a white man, at most. Scalia probably loves it.

24 Likes

he knows his audience; gotta give him that

4 Likes

This guy is what I term a knuckle dragger. He’s not aware that the essential ideas of Obamacare came from …wait for it… ahem… (cough) REPUBLICANS in the form of the Heritage Foundation and Romneycare. So it was formulated by rich old white men, using this guys fractured logic.

12 Likes

Looks like a mutated Fred Thompson … sounds like a guy hoping that a FOX News talent scout is listening!

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available