Discussion: Lara Trump Confirms Rep.'s Account Of POTUS' Call, But Says It Lacked Context

Funny that the ‘transcript’ didn’t come out until they were fairly sure that no one in the car had recorded the conversation.

7 Likes

Hey, peeps! “Context” is the new “covfefe”!

3 Likes

We know at least Kelly was in the room when the call was made, because he said he was in the room at the time. Unless he’s lying about that too. Given his accuracy on Rep. Wilson’s lovely speech in 2015, he has some “problems” with remembering stuff.

At least it wasn’t a presidential sympathy tweet, which would have required Kelly to be in Current Occupant’s “throne room” to witness.

7 Likes

The beginning part where she goes on about praising other congressmen and how she got the bill signed is, I presume, what Kelly was referring to. Perhaps also the ridiculous hat.

The congresswoman facilitated getting the building named not built. But to see the same hat as worn by a republican idol check out judge Roy Moore:

4 Likes

Since when does she have any credibility?

2 Likes

Thanks @katscherger for providing the link to the story at CNN about the timeline. M-I-C played golf, talked to Value Voters, slamed other pols, slammed NFL players, signed various meaningless docs, and in general moved his grift along and little else.

@tena

@clunkertruck @inversion @tiowally

8 Likes

This makes the second military operation that was a total clusterfuck. Yemen and now Niger. Who is in charge of these operations? As badly botched as they’ve been I’d guess it’s Jared.

4 Likes

Indeed. Context is a new word for them (trolls) and therefore is easily taken out of, um, er, context. I am still convinced that the troll who keeps using the word “towed the line” is a Volga boatman.

3 Likes

There will be no televised investigations when from what we know there should be.

4 Likes

How do we do that?

Oh really? You want some context. You know there’s this attitude in this country that because you joined the military we can send you off to fight any old bullshit war. People treat the military like it’s a tool. You signed up for it. Your life isn’t worth as much as mine.

How’s that for context.

3 Likes

My comment wasn’t intended as schooling you (and I realize yours was not intended as an argument with krogman). I’m sorry if it came off otherwise and honestly, yes, I can see how it could. I was attempting some dark humor about how these factors might interact in Trump’s cruel, sadistic twisted, psyche.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Interesting point, and I’m sure that feedback loop is a big factor.

1 Like

"It stuns me that a member of Trump’s family would have read the transcript on that conversation. Absolutely stuns me. And I thought at least that was sacred. "

How did the wife of the son of the President get the secret and sacred transcript?
Does she have a security clearance?

4 Likes

If only those who disapprove now had voted then.

6 Likes

Whoa, what lying lying liars. They’re back-filling the comments. That may have been what Trump was supposed to say, but being too busy planning his next tee time, he forgot the first few vitally important phrases.

5 Likes

One simple apology for the misunderstanding and it’s all over. Everyone moves on to find out what the f**k happened in Niger. Oh…

5 Likes

And let’s not forget the guests at Mar-a-Lago.

3 Likes

I think we now know the reason: 4th death, lost soldier, contractor fuvk up,. Kinda kills the Leave No Man Behind ethos. Who are the contractors, WHY are there contractors?

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available