Discussion: Lara Trump Confirms Rep.'s Account Of POTUS' Call, But Says It Lacked Context

So Lara Trump was SECRETLY shown the transcript of the SACRED phone call? Oh my!

17 Likes

Is this the last credible Trump mouthpiece?

Just curious.

1 Like

Maybe we should send the kids some self-help articles and books to help them work it out.

9 Likes

At this point, even if the WH were to release a “transcript”, I wouldn’t believe anything that came out of Barad Dur Blanc. Even if it were blessed by the Pope.

12 Likes

So once again, if we quote Trump’s actual words instead of what he should have said, it makes us the jerks. Similarly, when we quoted Obama’s actual words instead of the secret hidden messages he was subliminally saying to his supporters but which only conservatives could hear, it makes us idiots. Right.

This is how Trump got elected. Conservatives rarely hear the actual words of anyone. It’s all paraphrases of what they REALLY meant and they lack the critical thinking skills to realize that if you don’t see quote marks you’re not reading their actual words. It’s not that they’re dumb, per se; just that they’re trusting the wrong sources and have no context to realize what’s going on.

8 Likes

I do think that’s true, but not for the reason you’re suggesting. Trump loves abusing people and not being taken to the woodshed for having done so. He has a large racist audience applauding him whenever he goes after anyone who’s not a pink person. That’s the synergy.

9 Likes

So, uh, why don’t they just release the transcripts if there is one?

Oh. Did they misplace them in the same ‘safe place’ they put Trump’s tapes of his conversations with Comey? I hate when I do that.

4 Likes

There is no doubt he is sexist and racist. obvious fucking obvious fucking obvious My reply was not an argument with jkrogman. Just adding to the disgust. But thanks anyway for schooling me.

3 Likes

So they trotted out one of the Stepford wives, but only after hours of makeup and hair slaves did their thing. Plenty of lip gloss so the lies can slide out more easily. Ugh, these Trump women are cookie cutter images of each other.

4 Likes

Kelly is coming from a place of profound hubris and latent racism. I lost my daughter to pancreatic cancer at age 23. Her three year struggle was as courageous as any Medal of Honor winner. The way these people glorify death in Service to the military industrial complex, you’d think dying was something ordained for the chosen few.

30 Likes

You would indeed.

and I’m so sorry.

13 Likes

Here is video of what she said. Kelly lied. Blatantly. Not that it matters to you troll:

12 Likes

I agree with Kelly, in that there really is nothing one can say about such a tragedy that can help in alleviating the sorrow of said event …

What he has missed…however …
is that there are things that can be said that ADD to it …

enter little donnie baby man —

8 Likes

A sacred woman is free to talk about a sacred phone call?

5 Likes

These people are simply TONE DEAF!

Damnit! Why did Trump have to start off his condolences in such a very non-sympathetic manner? Hearing such negativity on the front end of a message can shutdown the trailing or perhaps the overall message.

Did Trump mention those words to the other Fallen Green Beret soldiers? If not, then why not?

Sending out all of these dumb and out of touch surrogates is only making the matter much worse so it would be best for Trump & Co to just STFU!

1 Like

Honesty, I didn’t even know who she was other than a ‘Trump.’

7 Likes

Well if there’s a transcript of the call, then the call was recorded. I doubt they had a stenographer in the room, when it is so much easier to push a record button and transcribe from that.

5 Likes

I think I agree with Rachel Maddow’s theory on this Trump debacle. He runs on his instincts, he started this whole mess when he tried to divert a question away from what happened to the green berets in Niger. He’s been trying to divert whatever more horrible mess he made in Africa.

We could keep talking about his horrible conduct with his treatment of the families of our fallen soldiers, but for what purpose? He’s a narcissistic a$$h0l3 and at 72 he’s not going to change, and he’s got a goddamn army of enablers. We as a people can push for better treatment of our vets and their families, and we should through our reps and local governments. Trumps completely incapable.

But on this topic, ignore where Trump wants us to look, it’s what he’s doing (whatever that is in Africa) that’s important.

5 Likes

Oh, fuck you Eric. If being disgusting were a contest, your father would be the reigning eternal champion. He’s childishly and relentlessly insulted war vets like John McCain, Gold Star families, women, minorities, the LGBT community, world leaders and everybody who doesn’t drop to their knees to kiss his shoes when he walks into a room - among others. He’s the epitome of “huge asshole”.

That said, Sgt. Johnson’s widow said herself that she felt insulted by Trump’s remarks. That’s all that needs to be said about how his comments were received. Trump’s lackeys can twist themselves into knots trying to justify whatever they want but at the end of the day, if Ms. Johnson said Trump screwed it up then that’s the end of the story.

11 Likes

I am STUNNED that the daughter-in-law of the POTUS would be given access to such highly emotional and sensitive materials … STUNNED, I tell you … .totally STUNNED.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available