Discussion: Lara Trump Confirms Rep.'s Account Of POTUS' Call, But Says It Lacked Context

Every minute we spend arguing with Trump and his flacks about this is a minute we are not talking about his daily undermining of the foundations of American Democracy. At some point, we need to say “Enough said about more nasty shit from a nasty shithead. Let’s talk about how the Alexander-Murray Bill can stabilize the health insurance market.” Or, “how can ANY Senator vote to confirm a Judicial nominee who thinks transgender children are Satanic.” Or a whole bunch of other things far more important to our children’s and grandchildren’ futures.

15 Likes

This is part of the problem. Now the entire Trump family has to publically comment on this story, and they are like a pack of dogs that can’t let a bone go. STOP. It’s causing pain to the family and the country. JUST STOP IT.

9 Likes

Seriously. Lara could have said, “don’t know anything about it, nothing to say.” That would have been refreshing.

6 Likes

“I think it shows the absolute worst of politics… and people turned it into a political item. To me, it’s disgusting.”

4 Likes

tRUmp’s PROOF!

Isn’t this a distraction from the real story? To my understanding, paraphrasing Rachel Maddow:

"Niger was the deadliest combat mission of the Trump failed presidency thus far.

"Trump’s recent, irresponsible decision to add Chad to his travel ban created a chain reaction that prompted the country to pull out of Niger, emboldened American enemies in the region, and led to the deaths of four brave U.S. soldiers.

"Chad (our best and most experienced and most battle-hardened regional military ally in that part of the world) pulled hundreds of soldiers from Niger, where they were assisting the U.S. in an ongoing fight against terrorists in the region, including Boko Haram.

“It’s no surprise, then, that the commander-in-chief won’t touch this topic with a nine-foot pole, and instead, continues to wage a distraction war against Gold Star families.”

28 Likes

Apparently what Kelly meant, was that it was “Sacred” Between the President, the Family member… the president’s advisors, the president’s family members, the president’s driver, the president’s caddy, and anyone in the immediate vicinity of the president that the president wishes to impress with “his deep empathy and boundless patriotism”… and no one else

27 Likes

"Trump’s recent, irresponsible decision to add Chad to his travel ban created a chain reaction that prompted the country to pull out of Niger, emboldened American enemies in the region, and led to the deaths of four brave U.S. soldiers.

And this is the guy who promised to get rid of red tape…

Travel ban: Chad added because it ran out of passport paper, US officials say

18 Likes

How can there be a transcript when Trump said there was no recording? If it was transcribed,that means someone else on Trump’s end was listening in on the call.

20 Likes

What was she doing there???
And who is she … other than wife of … which one?

8 Likes

The “smart” one…

1 Like

THIS ISN’T ABOUT REP. WILSON, YOU FUCKING FAMILY FULL OF NIGHTMARES!!! YOU GODDAM PHANTASMAGORIA!!!

THE WIDOW’S FEELINGS WERE HURT! JUST SAY YOU’RE SORRY!!!

28 Likes

Let’s try “less dumb”… and even that’s a stretch.

3 Likes

I had three iterations…

2 Likes

But, but, but . . it was SACRED!!!

19 Likes

Also known as The Creepier One. :expressionless:

6 Likes

This commander-in-chief won’t touch this topic with a nine-foot pole because he knows NOTHING about it - the country, the incident, the people, nothing. God I hate how I am compelled to read about this POS every single day.

5 Likes

You guys want me to hear/see the comment in context?

OK. Release the transcript.

18 Likes

I was just going to comment the same. That woman has no business about the WH matter, and yet she hopped in, or they trotted her out. I hear her creepy husband, who has also no business about the WH, was also on FOX today as a WH surrogate and promoted the GOP tax cuts.

10 Likes

CAFM ! Everywhere you turn, there’s another fuckin’ Trump. Disgusting! Sad!

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available