Discussion: Lara Trump Confirms Rep.'s Account Of POTUS' Call, But Says It Lacked Context

Huckabee-Wormtongue lies continuously, sot that’s no surprise. Trump distributing transcripts to the spawn and their spouses. That’s actually kind of a surprise…

Sahar (Lara): I read the transcript.
Spareus Hamhack: There is no transcript.

Who knew two diametrically opposing statements could both be lies?

6 Likes

Or that he “many, many friends” on 9/11 but didn’t attend a single funeral? Or that he went down to Ground Zero to shovel rubble? Or that he raised millions for veteran groups and that the checks were sent? The “Or” is endless.

He has no “friends” so we know that was a lie. And if he went to Ground Zero to pick up a pebble, he would have taken a camera crew with him because he wouldn’t lift a finger without knowing he’d get publicity out of it.

3 Likes

Ahh …yes …

though you are not alone …

My hand is also extended and joins the spirit of support —

4 Likes

I recall trump said he had proof immediately.

And he lied—something you can identify with personally.

3 Likes

His friends are ass kissers like former Yankees Johnny Damon and Paul O’Neill, who would go golf and suck up to him at Mar a Lago like groupies. Rudy Giuliani is apparently a friend. Soon to no longer be on the NYC radio airwaves and well known sports talk blowhard Mike Francesa is apparently a friend who has taken up Trump’s cause against African American NFL Players taking the knee (by claiming that everyone he knows and speaks to him no longer want to watch NFL games because of these players).

9-11 was during the part of Trump’s life where he had no intention of actually running for office, so he would never have actually volunteered to do anything like help at Ground Zero. He is an admitted germ-phobe. He also avoided serving his country in any capacity when he was military age. So surely he would never have exposed himself to the smell or the prospect of encountering human remains, nor to the many carcinogenic substances used in the WTC construction (asbestos and others).

If the transcript of the call is accurate, then Wilson has misrepresented what Trump said most heinously, in a call that Kelly was on. I find it hard to have much sympathy for her in those circumstances. Why you do, I’m not sure. In that speech, she did spend much of it talking about how she did the impossible, how great she was. I can imagine how that might have been galling to Kelly and others. If she’d stopped there, as Kelly had implied, I’d say the sentiment of his statement was perfectly understandable. She did however go on to talk at length about the incident in question etc - something that Kelly had either forgotten, missed at the time, or, as you suggest, deliberately omitted.

If trump had spent the first 2 minutes in the call with the gold star family talking about how great he was for giving them a call (not exactly implausible…), would you be equally forgiving of him? I don’t think so. The situation is of course very different to you and I, but Wilson was making jokes in a setting that perhaps some people like Kelly thought entirely inappropriate.

…the sacred transcript presumably being made from the recording which we were told yesterday doesn’t exist.

Or were there court reporters listening in on the sacred call making a transcript in real time?

1 Like

The transcript supports what Wilson said, Sparky.

Kelly was not on the call. You’re lying, as usual. Wilson was accurate, and her statements are backed up by the widow and by the aunt of the deceased soldier.

No, she did not. Her speech was pretty ordinary for a politician at a building dedication.

Again, you deliberately lie.

5 Likes

Trump and company have lied so often and so freely that I would have to see a video of both sides of the conversation to believe that he said what he claims to have said. That you want is to take him on trust is a measure of your contempt for us.

8 Likes

She wears the hats to keep alive the memory of her grandmother.

3 Likes

It’s not a question of taking him on trust, but of not automatically believing everything adverse said about him. The way this story erupted did not pass the sniff test, the vagueness of Wilson’s initial comments, the way she went public, the fact that she was listening in in the first place. And I think we’re yet to get to the bottom of it.

What we have yet to get to the bottom of is why LaDavid Johnson was left on the field of battle for two days after his locator was activated. If that was Erik Prince’s group, he sure is incompetent.

Stop lying. You have done enough homework to know that the army representative is the guy who put the call on speakerphone.

Wilson went public when local reporters ambushed the family at the funeral home.

Trump failed the sniff test long ago.

4 Likes

Lara Trump one of the empty barrels Kelly was talking about!

2 Likes

Eureka! Here’s the thread I referred to that I saw last night.

@littlegirlblue @mattinpa

2 Likes

What is the classification level on that kind of transcript because she would/should have the classification of an ordinary citizen like you and me, right? Let’s se that transcript!

1 Like

I’ll give you ‘disgusting’. Two weeks of silence with calls only after an expose.

2 Likes

this is the worst of politics; we should be talking about how obama is from kenya and lying about how awful it is that a black woman can stand at a podium and actually address white people,…focus people!

You’re a Woodstein for the 21st century. Thanks for this.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available