Discussion: Kushner To Lead New WH Office To Overhaul Federal Government

So he settled. Half a horse is better than none.

2 Likes

Is Kushner being groomed for POTUS run? Heaven help us. I guess ZERO experience has become acceptable.

Now I got it. I clicked the wrong arrow. Sorry.

No problem.

I donā€™t know. I had the impression that Andrew Mellon was about as useful at Treasury as Bannon currently is at whatever heā€™s supposed to be. I have definitely read that Mellon believed that the solution to economic difficulties was to let a bunch of concernsā€“banks, etcā€“collapse, just the sort of thinking that Hank Paulson avoided in engineering the bailouts. Maybe Iā€™ve seen a one-sided presentation of it.

Thereā€™s only a few people here using their own name. Iā€™m going to start using mine tooā€“if they ever let me out of this embassy.

1 Like

Why do you think Iā€™m using my own name?

Exactly. Nepotism at its finest.

Once the Depression was on in earnest, Hoover came up with most of the new deal programs before they were adopted by Roosevelt. I said Hoover was pig headed. That pig headed devotion to classic market theory is what got the Depression going.

There really isnā€™t anything new in this world. I just wish people would realize that Republicans have been Republicans since Teddy Roosevelt. They have been devoted to the same failed invisible hand bullshit for over a century.

1 Like

This is but the latest in an unending stream of ignorant calls that we ought to ā€œrun government like a business.ā€

Government is not a business and this is completely stupid. Disappointing, but no real surprise from the likes of Trump! If Government really were somehow a business would this guy even be the right fellow to apply business techniques - - is he genuinely a business expert anyway?? Trump also is no business authority ā€“ a great gabber, to have talked out of bankruptcy four times but he has never worked a day in an actual organized business, only a cash cow sole proprietorship he 100 percent inherited.

Kushner learned everything he knows about bidness from his dad & father-in-law!

1 Like

Privatizationā€¦and deregulationā€¦the selling off of resources, and assets, this is how trump will pay for his tax reformā€¦

"Our hope is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens.ā€

Wrong, mortherfucker, weā€™re the shareholdersā€¦but thatā€™s ok, your mistake highlights the plutocratic view that the govā€™t should work for the benefit and profit of a few by taking advantage of the rest of us.

3 Likes

George W Bush tried to run the country like a business. He was able to efficiently convert treasury dollars to Halliburton dollars with no-bid contracts. Remember the Iraq war? That was a tremendous success! I imagine that is the plan here. Offer no-bid contracts to the Trump crime family under assumed names or to friends.

3 Likes

ā€œWe should have excellence in government,ā€ Kushner told the Post on Sunday.

Yes, we should. Which is why you have to go.

7 Likes

Oh, this will be fun. Hmm, I wonder if their template for a great American company has the name ā€œTrumpā€ in it?

The purpose of ā€œgreat american companiesā€ is to turn a profit, Dumblefuck-in-law. If the government is turning a profit, then it is a FAILURE since money that could be out there, circulating, employing people and purchasing goods and services, is in the coffers of the governmentā€¦WHICH DOESNā€™T NEED IT:

But apparently, being a failure in business is the Republlicansā€™ recipe for success in politics.

I advise you not to be open to what Kushner does not have to offer - that just leads to high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, etc.

1 Like

Is he going to do all this between trips to Russia and Aspen? This little douche has one agendaā€“make himself and his addled father in law as much $$ as possible. Bannon must be in a constant orgasmic state with all this chaos these morons are creating.

Customer my ass. We are your Board of Directors, boy.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available