Discussion: Kushner To Lead New WH Office To Overhaul Federal Government

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,q_auto,w_710/wxchari6ya1m61kpmu2s/damien-in-the-omen-fox.jpg

2 Likes

My first question when I heard about this was “Why isn’t Pence leading?” Didn’t Donnie say that Pence was going to get the domestic policy? (and the foreign policy too for that matter, LOL). Hmmm, maybe there is something in the right-wing-nuttery about a Clinton-backed Pence coup.

1 Like

our customers, who are the citizens

Customers? The hell you say. We are your employers, shmuck.

OT: How many Orthodox Jews do you know who seldom cover their heads? It would seem this POS picks and chooses at his convenience.

3 Likes

“Like” Apple’s Tim Cook and Microsoft’s Bill Gate, but NOT them. More likely the former CEOs of AIG, Countrywide, Lehman Bros, you know those troubled or bankrupt companies because those guys have the time. Kushner is a trust fund baby who has had staffs of people to save him in his short career. He likely knows little about business and nothing about government. A big reason DT is a terrible President, beside his obvious personal flaws, is that he still doesn’t know that government is not business.

Maybe one of the first things Jared’s Galleria of Foolery can do is look at the states-as-laboratories that conservatives are so fond of and see what’s worked and not worked? Yeah, right. Didn’t some fool say that Kansas is only failing because they weren’t strict/pure/harsh enough?

1 Like

A high school boy is now your boss. Ever been in a job where some FOB – friend of the boss – needed a job? Overnight the friend was your boss. In your first 15 minute meeting you all knew he didn’t have a clue. Ever been there? I have.
WH must be some shitty place to work.

2 Likes

The other thing that helps with the bottom line is to collect the money that is owed to you - so the first thing they should do to “reform” government is triple the size of the IRS and do a lot more audits of people like the Trumps and the Kushners, the Kochs, the Mercers, the DeVos tribe, the Waltons et al. People talking about balancing the federal budget should start focusing on the revenue side more.

1 Like

So Jared is going to solve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in his spare time. Or fix the entire federal government then. Maybe split his time half and half.

I work for the federal government. The problems of inefficiency and ineffectiveness of the federal government are about one thing: management. actually the problem of any private company not doing well is the same: management. Some locations of my segment are OK but not often great. Many are terribly managed on many levels and corrupt besides. Not third world corrupt, but in that direction. Same thing with the Trump administration.

Jared has an MBA but has no real management experience. Real estate investing is far from having anything in common with government or for that matter corporations that actually do something. Too bad the most innovative and effective management expert ever, E Edwards Deming, is dead already (look him up in Wikipedia). But there must be other smart management guys around these days. Jared is not one of them.

2 Likes

I think this means he is going to identify which parts of the U.S. government assets he can privatize and sell off to Russian oligarchs…

Going to run the country like a company. First step, merger with Russia.

I need Kellyanne to explain this to me. I’m not entirely clear on what this means, but she always makes everything sound right. Right?

1 Like

For Jefferson Davis or Vladimir Putin?

No actual business would hire Jared for that job based on his empty resume.

I worked for the Feds in a semisensitive area for nearly a decade. Dealt with field offices as most of my job. It was exactly as you describe.

Actually I thought exactly the same thing, and agree his initial response was hamhanded. He was a Republican after all. He thought it was a passing phase. but by the end of his administration he had increased government spending 48% , and had laid the foundation for the New Deal. History has not been kind to Hoover but he isn’t the total villain people believe. Mostly he was a modern Republican who believed in the invisible hand of the market far too long.

Don’t give that slimebag that much credit. He’s not that smart, or visionary, he’s just a greedy, vile, loathesome POS sociopath, you know, typical gopper thug.

Does this mean we the taxpayers are giving our hard earned dough to Kushner?

Is that legal?

Has he been vetted?

Has Ivanka been vetted?

A 36 y.o. with an MBA. What a unique pedigree and qualification for whatever his brief is now. Oh, that’s right, he’s Orthodox so that makes him an expert on Israel-Palestine relations, never mind that the Orthodox Jews are a big part of the problem in Israel because of their shall we say stubbornness.

When I was a kid there were three types of Jews, Reform, Conservative, and Orthodox. I was a Conservative, which was like normal people, Reform Jews wore their hair kinda long and were less tied to ritual, and then there were the Orthodox. They were like an alien life form, at least according to my Dad, and still are, according to my Dad.

So somehow this boy is going to make Government run like a business, never mind that gov’t isn’t a business, and we aren’t the employees, but the Board.

Perhaps a education campaign for Jared is in order, to enlighten him on the relationship between the people paying his freight and management.

Hey, you leave John Cleese alone! I’m gonna appeal!

1 Like

call me crazy, some do, but that is HEAVY!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available